• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Interesting OCW Results

Warbone

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Took all the shots and plotted them on one sheet of paper color coded.
Amazingly all shots from 42.7 to 43.9 came in under a inch.
New shilen barrel i installed on a savage action.
Im thinking either 43.2 or 43.6
Hope the pic is visable enough on the post.

Attachments

• DSCN0934.jpg
    DSCN0934.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Havent gotten a chance to get to the range to verify either 43.2 or 43.6.
Anyone with input on my thinking of where the node is?
Thanks

How far off are you seating? I would try .2 and .6 at a different seating depth and 5 shot groups. From looking at what you have the slight variations could be shooter induced. Hard to tell with only 3 shot groups and all of them being so close.

L

I would think 43.0-43.2 . It tough as I'm not used to having all the clutter. Plotting all the rounds I don't think helps. If you believe in OCW and dans philosophy then your next node would be 3%+ at 44.5. I have found Erik Cortinas method works better for me these Dans. I use .5 increments. I seems more apparent were the nodes are. In your test you could have 3-4 loads in the "window". Dan says nodes are 3% apart and scatter nodes are 1.5% different or in the middle. If I think I have a node I load up 5rd group +/-.1
And then one group at 1.5% +\- So if your node is 43.2 then the scatter node should be at around 42.5 "lower" or 43.8
"higher". So in theory I use the scatter to verify the node.