• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Interesting one....

swamp donkey

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, over here in the uk, we cannot own s/a centerfire rifles, so all the AR's we have are straight pull, or .22 rimfire.

Now, I've been thinking, if I had a manually operated 'gas system' using a divers 'buddy bottle' and a 'press to open' valve allowing air to do the job the gasses normally do, then, as it's not 'self' loading, because 'I'm' loading it when pressing the valve, then it should be legal (just).

I don't suppose anybody has any idea as to how much pressure I'd need to unlock the bolt and cycle the action ?

Would I be better off fabricating a piston set up, or using the std gas/air impingement ?

Or, just giving up on the idea, emigrating to the USA, and getting a proper one ;)

Pete

Regards

Pete

Home | Varminting UK

that sounds like a cluster fuck abortion to me. i am sure you could make it work but there's some timing involved there as well unless you're just hitting the button because you would be too lazy to actuate the bolt or charging handle. its never gonna be a true semi like that so i hardly see the point. just be a little more patient and isis will over run you wankers and you can use your divers rifle to get you an ak....:p