• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting Sniper video.

Not a military guy, but not fat, so take this for what it's worth. I watched the first 5 minutes. I've never seen such a goat fuck trying to get a rifle zeroed, and I shoot at public ranges A LOT. FFS, why not take a couple of shots to get a hero at 100 and then spend the rest of the day banging steel at whatever range you want to shoot?

These guys are making youtube videos, so they are making what they think people want to see. This is supposed to be entertainment, and it is worth what you paid for it.

I hope they write better than they zero firearms. But, I won't be finding out first hand...

IllinformedHappyImperatorangel-size_restricted.gif

Wow that was horrible. Regardless of whether that was "entertainment", that is a really low bar for competence as a shooter. Seemed like zero ingrained fundamentals watching that video.

Reactions: 338dude
Wow that was horrible. Regardless of whether that was "entertainment", that is a really low bar for competence as a shooter. Seemed like zero ingrained fundamentals watching that video.
Yeah, I tried to watch some more. About 30 sec was all I could take. The comments are, however, gold. The fawning admiration for the shooting prowess and ”shooter-spotter communication” is not easily described...

Some snippets from the video

"The reaper"- I'm doing minutes of angle, not mil/mil...

Also "the reaper"- How many minutes? Or mils, give me mils...

W

T

F

Last edited:
WTF did I just watch? That guy has 1.75M followers on YouTube...?

I think someone needs to get him to RO a PRS match. He was "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"-ing loud as hell for missing a foot of the edge of a 500yd IPSC hahaha. I think seeing a match would blow his mind.

Hopefully with all of his book royalties he can buy a couple f'ing bipods...

Say what you will, the guy is a retired combat tested sniper with a fairly large number of kills. He unquestionably saved American lives by his service. I would imagine people around him were quite thankful he was there and never questioned his ability to zero a rifle.

Maybe we're supposed to watch the video drunk... starting test now

Time passes...
Nope... Being drunk doesn't help.

Side note... I could do a better job in my condition now... Really fuckn scarey... same condition I teach driver's ed...( don't judge me. I've got a deal with farmer Fudd both young and old, typical driving while Asian, scared to drive Foreigner... you do that sober and try to be to work on time) LOL.

Time passes...

Okay, now I'm at a point where I need to figure out which eye to watch with... LOL

Say what you will, the guy is a retired combat tested sniper with a fairly large number of kills. He unquestionably saved American lives by his service. I would imagine people around him were quite thankful he was there and never questioned his ability to zero a rifle.
Without denigrating his service, let's find a few of them and show them this video...

I'e got a rough bore site, and I'm going to go ahead and get it dialed in from there at 300. All from the kneeling position.

Just a skinny civilian here, but the video was shit! I have no doubt the dude can shoot but they over complicated it and could not even communicate corrections to each other and was way too stoked on pretty standard stuff.

Last edited:
LOL, what are these guys doing?

Just shy of the 02:00 mark, the guy says he’s using MOA. Kinda lost me right there, but I kept watching to see what happens. Then at 06:00, he wants an elevation call in mils. :ROFLMAO:

“Zeroing” on the plate at 300, they’re just eyeballing everything. Dude’s cranking that windage knob like a mofo, takes a shot, and his spotter’s like “take off half the cranks you just put on.” Really guys?? :ROFLMAO:

But I’m just some guy, so what do I know?

You know the old saying, "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and be proven one?"

Those two dues on the truck looked like total studs compared to the shooter and his coked up buddy. I have no doubt he’s a hero, and a warrior. His buddy is the one that really makes that an awkward watch. Also, why curse so much if you’re going to edit it out?

That video presents the duality of the tube.
To the uninitiated that vid was bad ass. Filled with sniper spotter lingo. Shit to tell your pals about.

To the initiated, that was a hot mess.

Last edited:
Without denigrating his service, let's find a few of them and show them this video...

I'e got a rough bore site, and I'm going to go ahead and get it dialed in from there at 300. All from the kneeling position.

I'm sorry, did that say this was an instructional video? Did anyone pay for that? He's just goofing around with his friends, not setting the standards for long range shooting online. Do some research on the guy, he's a warrior, period. He can shoot. Period. There's a pile of dead bodies buried in the ground in the middle east because of him. That's a fact. He didn't do that because he wasn't smart enough to know how to zero a rifle.

Okay... Tried watching after drunk... One dude... Getting hard for another dude... I'm on the wrong freaking site... Wait

Time passes

Yep, Wrong fucking site ... one dude way too impressed with another dude... yep, it seems cracker has jungle fever... LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Steel+Killer
As a long range enthusiast I found this hard to watch. Irving’s books (the reaper & the way of the reaper) on the other hand were hard to put down.

I want to know why start to zero a 300, why not 100 and work your way out so you’re not just chucking lead all over.

I’m rendered speechless.. targets were almost as safe as the ones on my first stage/first match🤣 Whatever the spotter was on wasn’t store-bought either.. The only “Reaping” I observed was the FGMM that got wasted.. If those two silent dudes would’ve sacked up and bounced, it would have made the video worth watching..

If that was supposed to be an informative video, it's a clear demonstration of everything not to do. Military service has no bearing on whether or not he showcases good shooting fundamentals. Speaking as someone who was in the Marine Corps and knows legit war heroes that never had to write a book or seek attention for relevance, this video is a complete joke.

As a fat retired cripple... I could care less about some "sniper" selling books because he did 6 years in the Army... I did 28 years... til I got my ass blowed up.

Now, can these guys hit the target? Yeah. Do I want to watch them jackassing around while they do it? Nope. I'm proud of my service too, but I'm not on youtube trying to make a living off it. (not that I could) I didn't tattoo "Drill Sgt" or any other silly shit on myself so that the world could thank me for my service everywhere I go...

I think they're probably both damn good shooters, better than me at long distance, but probably just screwing around making silly videos trying to get famous. Stuff like why the hell would you go from minutes to mils? The second video was better. I did manage to last more than a few minutes watching it. I'm just getting into the precision world, so I can't talk shit. I came here to learn, but that first video did seem silly as hell.

Watched enough to count 15th round hit at 300 & glad I'm not the only one that thought that guy was coked up like a MF.
What a goat fuck.
I wanna see the blooper real for this production :ROFLMAO:

Here's 3-1/2 minutes to wipe that shit out of your mind. Your welcome.
2nd round hit @ 1000 with a 9mm revolver!

Last edited:
If the thumbnail for the video is any indication, I’m not impressed. He has a bipod dangling from his rifle, but is (I assume) spotting from the kneeling position. Before you say, “it’s so he can see over’whatever...’” the shooter can see from prone...

Ive seen Nick Irving on Demolition Ranch. He comes across as a pretty cool guy. But, the OP video is a goat fuck. It looks like that lunkers doofus is in this second video posted. I’m not subjecting myself to anymore of that.

I read the MOA / MIL thing quite different than some of you. I saw it as he said it was a MOA scope and the guy calling seemed to keep wanting to talk MILs so I saw it as “just tell me in MILs and I’ll convert it myself” because he’d naturally be able to do that in his previous occupation. I don’t know anything about the guys he was shooting with, but he is a warrior, like many others, who have risked life and limb to protect us. I personally appreciate that.

Saw that yesterday and thought about posting it.

First off, both of them have put more bodies on the ground than my exact count of zero. They have spent more time in the shit than my exact time of zero. Hats of to both of them for their service. Don’t want to put that down in any way. Especially nick, he was a damn good accomplished sniper, and his books were shockingly good.

Now,

Watching Lunkers shoot typically makes me want to pull my hair out. This video was especially bad. The 300 yard zero from kneeling, talking in 3 different units of measurement, “take off half those cranks” was major cringe. Lunkers is currently trying to open up that range for instruction. Not sure if he plans on teaching or not but god I hope not. That video was painful to watch. In his past videos he never locks down the cant on his bipod so it’s always flopping around. Drives me nuts.

You can honor your heros and still call them on their bullshit. I‘m a sucker for an auto/biography. If you’re a soldier/seal/delta/ranger/marine/etc and you have a book to sell, I’m your target audience. But, for fuck’s sake, it is 2020. There 27 different forms of media being consummed daily and all of them are forming your professional identity. If you want to live up to your nom de Guerre, especially if it is something cool like “the reaper,” you gotta realize that everything with your name on it is being consumed by your target audience and is being compiled into your professional composite image. Do you really want part of your image to be “coked up frat boy that just found his dads rifle?” They’ve got a book to sell and I’m not going to wish I’ll of them. But, I’m not buying it- the videos or the books.

Worked with him years ago and he can shoot with the best of them trust me, dude is deadly behind an M24 but the video is pretty bad. I’ve seen that linkers guy in another shooting vid a while back with another ex army guy and it was tough to watch to....

Reactions: Not a Clue
This isn’t even the best part. The dude spotting is opening classes to teach people LR shooting. After I heard that I went back through every vid I could find of him shooting and was horrified. He is definitely going to keep the MOA sfp shit around because of people on YouTube listening to him. He also has to rezero his Leupold every time he goes past 100yds.

tl;dw

anyone make it through until they hit something besides dirt?
is there a punchline at the end? which is worse, the shooter or spotter?

tl;dw

anyone make it through until they hit something besides dirt?
is there a punchline at the end? which is worse, the shooter or spotter?
They actually hit at a mile in the end with a different rifle/set up.

Last edited:
What’s a yee yee hat?

There’s a hat that says literally yee yee on it. But we should take a moment to understand the phase. Information provided by Urban Dictionary below.

Attachments

• F4C5255B-1136-4D9A-ACB4-AA48526E1AB9.png
    F4C5255B-1136-4D9A-ACB4-AA48526E1AB9.png
    932.4 KB · Views: 358
Ok, if I have to go to THE URBAN DICTIONARY to find out about a word that is supposedly “used by hunters, fishers (whatever the fuck that means, weasels?), and other country folk“ I am calling bullshit right off the bat. Being a hunter, and a fisherman, and identifying with country folk even if I am not one, I can attest that ”yee yee” is not in popular usage, and that this exclamation is likely to get you punched in the face.

confusing the Internet with real life

Last edited:
Ok, if I have to go to THE URBAN DICTIONARY to find out about a word that is supposedly “used by hunters, fishers (whatever the fuck that means, weasels?), and other country folk“ I am calling bullshit right off the bat. Being a hunter, and a fisherman, and identifying with country folk even if I am not one, I can attest that ”yee yee” is not in popular usage, and that this exclamation is likely to get you punched in the face.

confusing the Internet with real life
Nah, it’s everywhere and I can’t deny I’ve said it myself ironically enough for it to have entered my lexicon around some of my dumber friends.

Started with that dale dibbles shit

Last edited:
Dale Dibbles? Never heard of her. Never heard of “yee yee” until this thread either. I’m with fig. As a hunter and fisherman, I’ve never heard anyone else use it either, and I hunt and fish with some country AF people. By definition, an internet meme made live is not country.