• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting thing happened today, any ideas?

lordt313

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2007
Louisville. KY
Well my buddy and I were shooting today and he shot a round out of a glock .40, and the next round didnt chamber, upon inspection there was the casing for the previous round with no rim. Additionally, the case had shortened by half its original length! I had no answer as to what happened and thought I would try here.
spaceball.gif

[img:left]http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

my first instinct was an overcharge but I have never seen this before so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Taylor

Re: Interesting thing happened today, any ideas?

Perhaps a 2X charge?? That's a bad one you should have the chamber checked prior to shooting it again...

Write that up to case fatigue, it is called case separation. Happens more frequently in rifles but is known to happen in handguns as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hummer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Write that up to case fatigue, it is called case separation. Happens more frequently in rifles but is known to happen in handguns as well. </div></div>

+1...

Someone didn't do a complete case inspection before loading the round.