• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Intro New Member From Detroit-area

MEC626DEP

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2023
Bloomfield Hills
Hello! I am new to this site and am from the 'burbs northwest of Detroit. This area has a couple of outdoor public ranges within a 30 minute drive. The longest range is only 200yds. The gun retailers have a few indoor ranges--but I prefer outdoors. So there's opportunities to shoot different firearms. My grandfather and father introduced me to firearms very early--but I am by no means an expert in any! I enjoy target shooting handgun and long guns. I enjoy shooting clays, too and am working on my accuracy. I gave up hunting many years ago. About two years ago, I was introduced to precision shooting .22LR & did two range competitions at 50yds. I need to work up to 100 yds next. Wanting to try something different, I just purchased a Browning in 6.5 PRC and will try my hand at that after I get my scope rings in and the scope mounted. My gear is more "budget" oriented--I don't have any of the "good stuff" I read about in the threads--but I still have a good time. You won't see many posts from me as I'm new and more of a reader to learn from others. Thanks for letting me join the group!