• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Introducing Barrett Firearms riflescope rings!

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Many of you shoot some hard kicking, lightweight rifles that push the envelope of power and portability. One question I get alot is do we carry any 6-screw cap, extra wide rings for the 300RUM, 338 Lapua, 408 Chey-Tacs or .50 cal that offer the secure, extra wide grip on the scope to keep everything together under harsh recoil forces. Well, Barrett, the guys that pioneered the shoulder fired 50 cal and proactively marketed them commercially after the military got theirs, has come up with their own line of scope rings. All the power and security of a six screw cap ring design, in a convenient 4-screw cap.

I posted all that I know on my blog, first post in a couple of months. Check it out!

Liberty Optics Blog - Barrett rings

Scott

Re: Introducing Barrett Firearms riflescope rings!

OK Hiders, now here's the punchline. Who would like to check out these rings on your own rig? Free.

The only requirements are:

1) You've got a hard kicking rig (or a large caliber, lightweight rig with a brake, whatever. Something "tough" on a mount/optics system)

2) You've got a quality Picatinny rail on your rig

3) You post your experiences here, with pics, an honest assessment

After you are done, keep the rings!!

I've got a set of the standard 30mm and a set of the 30mm ExRings, the same as in the blog, ready to ship to two members, who would be interested?

Scott

PM sent!

wish they were 34mm and you could send them with the 5x25 and I could put them on my .50.........

If wishes were fishes.........

Thanks for all those interested in testing the Barrett rings!!

The 30mm standard rings are going to SH member "Brain". He has a sporter weight 7mm RUM shooting 168 grain at almost 3500fps. Pretty snappy. Rings going on a Badger rail.

I've narrowed the "switch cant" ring T&E down to three guys, once I hear from them I'll pick one and get the rings out.

Thanks!

Scott

Ok guys, it was a tough decision, but we are sending the ExRings to Guns4570 for his DTA 338 with a USO scope!

These are going out today, look forward to the reviews!!

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The 30mm standard rings are going to SH member "Brain". He has a sporter weight 7mm RUM shooting 168 grain at almost 3500fps. Pretty snappy. Rings going on a Badger rail.

Thanks!

Scott </div></div>

I'm looking forward to testing the rings on this particular rifle. Not only is it under 10lbs including optics (Leupold 8.5-25x50), but it has no brake. Snappy indeed.

Thanks for the opportunity Scott!