• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing Desert Tactical Arms HTI

Louis Corkern

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2005
AR, USA
www.thorgdg.com
Well Well Well without further delay lol.....

Here is just of the machine it is the DTA HTI which will be 50BMG boltface and the 408boltface. Complete version will be available to see at shot show.

Specs; BMG will be about 19 pounds and 44" OAL

Here is pic of HTI laying above an SRS in 338LM

HTI.jpg

thanks

Re: Introducing Desert Tactical Arms HTI

He'll yes I've been waiting for a 408 I think this might be it

are you going to still be able to run .338LM and .308 in this one? So you can basically shoot every caliber?

Mother of God...........

Later begged me to let him show a sneak peak of what will be at shot show. We have been working on the HTI for some time now and are very excited about it, like the SRS it will be the most versatile and portable Hard Target Rifle in the world. We worked very hard to keep the familiar ergonomics and balance of the SRS while developing the HTI.

There are no plans to offer chamberings in 338LM or smaller in the HTI chassis, unfortunately the large bolt diameter that is required for the 50 BMG does not allow proper feeding for the smaller cartridges from a magazine.

We also have a new monopod option for the SRS, it is pictured on the SRS 338LM in the photo next to the HTI. The monopod will be retrofitable to existing SRS rifles.

I don't recall the price we set for the monopod off the top of my head and I don't want to post a price that isn't 100% correct, but I can tell you that it is the fastest manipulating monopod in the world! You can position the monopod dead nuts on target much faster with our monopod than any other on the market we guarantee it.

We also have our new soft case for the SRS rifle, it took six full revisions before we had it right. We are already taking orders for the new soft case and they are expected to ship within the next 30 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't recall the price we set for the monopod off the top of my head and I don't want to post a price that isn't 100% correct, but I can tell you that it is the fastest manipulating monopod in the world! You can position the monopod dead nuts on target much faster with our monopod than any other on the market we garentee it.

We also have our new soft case for the SRS rifle, it took six full revisions before we had it right. We are already taking orders for the new soft case and they are expected to ship within the next 30 days. </div></div>

When can we expect to see official pics for both and prices?

Looks really nice... looking forward to seeing it at Shot.

Chiller, that hole in the back with the release lever is where the mag goes.

For the larger calibers I bet this platform will shine bright.

I could not immagine THAT brake THAT clost to my head! I get a little woosey after about 20 rounds on the end of a 30 inch barrel. WOW!

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks really nice... looking forward to seeing it at Shot.

</div></div>

Is the parent brass for the .408 (.375) the .50BMG?

It would not appear that it change bolts like its little brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could not immagine THAT brake THAT clost to my head! I get a little woosey after about 20 rounds on the end of a 30 inch barrel. WOW!

Jason </div></div>

Would have to imagine that that brake would punch you right in the face. the hiding behind sandbags would not work as well. Any comments?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks really nice... looking forward to seeing it at Shot.

</div></div>

Is the parent brass for the .408 (.375) the .50BMG?

It would not appear that it change bolts like its little brother. </div></div>

i dont think the 50 is the parent case because they require different bolt faces.
<span style="color: #CC0000">50BMG</span> <span style="color: #CC0000">boltface</span> and the <span style="color: #CC0000">408</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">boltface </span><span style="color: #FF0000"> </span>
that thing is a beast, with that brake so close you better have good glue on your dentures

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.375 also?</div></div>

Chiller: Here is quick breakdown of potential chambering options.

50Bolt could run the BMG, 510DTC, 416B
408Bolt could run the 408CT, 375CT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mag fed?</div></div>

Chiller: Absolutely just as LL mentioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For the larger calibers I bet this platform will shine bright. </div></div>

LL that is the plan
smile.gif
Now in 1 rifle I can utilize the accuracy and extreme long range attributes of the 375 AND the penetration attributes of the bmg with the correct ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When can we expect to see official pics for both and prices?</div></div>

P123: The soft case will look very similar to the one in my thread in the photo section where I in the snow. Just a few changes have been made to it but you can get overall concept. I will get pics of the monopod and video of its operation soon...hell I have to get my SRS retrofitted lol. And as SR90 mentioned I do believe it is the fastest operation monopod out there. There is no folding it up/down then spinning knob to raise/lower the rifle. With this monopod you get on the rifle in firing position and locate your target, then with your non trigger hand you pull the monopod release ring and the pod comes shooting out the bottom and when it hits a surface you let go of the release ring and it locks on the closest knotch, then you turn the release ring in either direction to fine tune your adjustments. It really is super fast and will be easier to show in video LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could not immagine THAT brake THAT clost to my head! I get a little woosey after about 20 rounds on the end of a 30 inch barrel. WOW!

Jason</div></div>

Actually those muzzle brakes are designed to vent gases around the shooter but yes the same thought has went thru my mind and this is what my brain automatically refers to and it maybe an unseen attribute by some of this system and that is---I can put surpressor, scope, and bipod onto this rifle and still be pretty much at same weight and still shorter oal then most of the other 50 platforms being used without including those items.

Thanks

Cool. PM the pricing when you guys get it decided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.375 also?</div></div>

chiller: Here is quick breakdown of potential chambering options.

50Bolt could run the BMG, 510DTC, 416B
408Bolt could run the 408CT, 375CT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mag fed?</div></div>

Chiller: Absolutely just as ll mentioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For the larger calibers I bet this platform will shine bright. </div></div>

ll that is the plan
smile.gif
Now in 1 rifle I can utilize the accuracy and extreme long range attributes of the 375 AND the penetration attributes of the bmg with the correct ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When can we expect to see official pics for both and prices?</div></div>

P123: the soft case will look very similar to the one in my thread in the photo section where i in the snow. just a few changes have been made to it but you can get overall concept. i will get pics of the monopod and video of its operation soon...hell i have to get my SRS retrofitted lol. and as SR90 mentioned I do believe it is the fastest operation monopod out there. There is no folding it up/down then spinning knob to raise/lower the rifle. With this monopod you get on the rifle in firing position and locate your target, then with your non trigger hand you pull the monopod release ring and the pod comes shooting out the bottom and when it hits a surface you let go of the release ring and it locks on the closest knotch, then you turn the release ring in either direction to fine tune your adjustments. It really is super fast and will be easier to show in video LOL

Jason</div></div>

Actually those muzzle brakes are designed to vent gases around the shooter but yes the same thought has went thru my mind and this is what my brain automatically refers to and it maybe an unseen attribute by some of this system and that is---I can put surpressor, scope, and bipod onto this rifle and still be pretty much at same weight and still shorter oal then most of the other 50 platforms being used without including those items.

Thanks </div></div>

Thanks sir

Later,

Can't wait to see this in person at SHOT.

Potentially Cheytac shooters won't have to build the gun around just one bullet anymore. Are you planning on offering different rifling profiles?

-John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Well Well without further delay lol.....

Here is just of the machine it is the DTA HTI which will be 50BMG boltface and the 408boltface. Complete version will be available to see at shot show.

HTI.jpg

thanks </div></div>

Hey later,

Now I know why you've been hanging out in Utah so much lately
wink.gif

This system you guys thought up sure is a tide changer in the firearms world!Good job guys.

How much does the HTI system weigh?

Looking forward to the Shot Show!Lots of cool stuff this year.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Well Well without further delay lol.....

HTI.jpg

thanks </div></div>

Hey later,

Now I know why you've been hanging out in Utah so much lately
wink.gif

This system you guys thought up sure a tide changer in the firearms world!Good job guys.

How much does the HTI system weigh?

Looking forward to the Shot Show!Lots of cool stuff this year.

Steve

</div></div>

Are you looking for a weight different than what you quoted? Just curious because it says 19 lbs.

He's probably wondering what the base weight of the chassis is before barrel/bolt....or he just missed what LC said all together.

WOW...that looks amazing!! I think you guys have just thrown down the guantlet to challenge the EDM Windrunners for most versatile HTI platform in the market...especially if you can do it a few pounds lighter than EDM Arms.

I look forward to seeing this develop and wish you the best of luck in this new endeavor.

SCL

Competition for EDM is exactly what I was thinking. Mine is being built right now and I'm already thinking about selling it to buy this one!!!!!!

It's nice that manufacturers are starting to listen to what people want. SHOT should be awesome this year.

Seriously this is going to be fantastic! Glad I held off on a 375 platform now that I have heard about the HTI. And that is coming in significantly lighter at 19 lbs than an EDM 50BMG at 30 plus lbs. or an EDM 408 at 24 lbs..

smile.gif

Game over.

Here it is in Black. keke

HTI50neg.jpg

I'm so glad to see this come from under wraps. I'm just bummed now that I will be leaving the shooting world for a few years and will have to wait a while before I come back to the States and pick one up.

Good luck at SHOT!

Australia

Well damn, I'd been planning on buying you a beer next time I made it out to the unstable coast.

You gonna be Peter Jackson's bitch now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smile.gif

Game over.

Here it is in Black. keke
</div></div>

Hottest Cool!

hti1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gonna be Peter Jackson's bitch now?
</div></div>

Nah, that would be in New Zealand. I'll be George Miller's bitch if I have my way
wink.gif

Dogtown has some software, toss that .50 together for us before they have time to coat and paint it.

I do have software and 3d skills, but I sorely lack the free time to do anything cool like that. I'm work right now with 4 computers going full time like a Cheap Trick guitarist - if only I could have a day off that's not a holiday
wink.gif

My whole reason for jumping on the DTA was to have 1 gun that could do it all instead of a whole closet full, now I see I am simply going to have a closet filled with 2 rifles, and endless barrels and mags!
Looking good guys!

I can't wait to see the range reports on these rifles. If they can shoot as good as they look, they've definitely get my business for my ELR rig. Very impressive so far.

Later (&SR90),

Looks great!

Maybe I'll be able to consolidate some of my rifles a little...

Question regarding the brake in the photo.. It looks like one made by R.L. Fisher. Or is it proprietary?

Scott

Jason </div></div>

Ya I agree, very close to your head. that coupled with being 19lbs. not likely a gun you would want to shoot a lot in one day, none the less, interesting.

CJG

Jason </div></div>

It really all depends on how the brake is ported. I have used 50 brakes that were extremely efficient, but directed the gas directly back into the shooters face. Not very pleasant. The same brake with minor adjustments to the port angles remained very efficient, but was much more pleasant to shoot. I have helped to test the very brake the is pictured on the rifle, in 4-5 various configurations. Some 50 brakes I can (and have) sat next to all day long with no ill effects. Others such as the Armalite, which is very efficient has a very obnoxious sonic component (or rather specific frequency spike) to its signature. I can't handle being next to an Armalite brake going off period. As far as the shooter, as long as the shooter is within the "dead" cone of the brake, everything is good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zunrj5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later,

Can't wait to see this in person at SHOT.

Potentially Cheytac shooters won't have to build the gun around just one bullet anymore. Are you planning on offering different rifling profiles?

-John
</div></div>

John, they don't, just check out GS Custom Bullets, they have what you are looking for
http://www.gsgroup.co.za/sp.html

Bushmaster7, Rotortuner, you guys should give this guy a call: Mike Degerness, Advanced Barrel Systems #402-890-2709...he will show you the light (pun)...literally.