• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing new KMW M5 pattern DBM hardware.

Terry Cross

Dingleberry
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Alexandria, LA 71303
www.kmwlrs.com
I wanted to "Officially" introduce the new KMW DBM hardware now offered in an M5 compatible footprint.

KMW M5  C.jpg

Even though these have been completed since early last year and already shipping, I have been too busy and backed up to actually put the word out.
Still blessed to be very busy but I am not doing myself any favors by keeping this under the radar so I showed it publicly for the first time at the 2021 Precision Rifle Expo in Blakely, GA.

This brings 4 main design features to the M5 footprint that I have already had excellent results with.

1: KMW Captv-Mag feature at the top of the magwell box.
These are integrally machined tabs that control the vertical travel of AICS style magazine bodies. They reside in the proper point in space to allow the
magazine latch to engage but only allow a few thousandths more travel before stopping the magazine.

This feature provides excellent protection against magazine binding the bolt or misfeeding rounds when pushing the rifle into barricades, bags or even
simply shooting offhand while supporting your rifle under the mag box.

This feature has already been in use on all SENTINEL and LongSword DBMs for the past 2 years. It has also been in use for the last 12 months on an
enhanced Gen II version of the excellent KMW Mk-1 short action DBM and Mk-2 long action DBM. This feature was beta tested by 2 shooters at last
year's Armageddon Gear Cup Finale. It works.

(The Gen II Mk-1 and Mk-2 will be added to the KMW website ASAP).

**The KMW Zealot chassis will have the same Captv-Mag feature integrally machined into the chassis body.

2: Enhanced mag-well opening: The M5 pattern DBMs are notoriously thin at the mag well box walls. This makes for very little space to offer any
meaningful chamfer or flair. This KMW M5 pattern mimics the well established SENTINEL and Mk-1 DBM lines below the stock which offers increased
magazine control with the deeper Z-axis well extension. While doing so, I also doubled the wall thickness of the mag well below the bottom waterline
of the stock.

I also included horizontal grooves on the front wall of the magazine well box that are aggressive enough to get traction when pushed against props but
not sharp enough to cut a hand or finger.

3: This new DBM has the same upgraded magazine latch that I started using on the SENTINEL DBMs 2 years ago. This new latch is wider at the contact
point against the back of the magazine and uses a new torsion spring instead of the old compression spring. This spring design is more consistent
across its arc of movement and could endure more severe circumstances where dirt or sand may get behind the latch and bind an compression spring.

The new latch is machined from 17-4 PH stainless and then coated by IonBond with their TB40 DLC finish.

4: This DBM includes custom stock bolts already machined to proper length, heat treated and nitrided with a 3/16" Hex drive head. There should be no
need to grind screws to length if your stock inlets are in spec.
9/16" diameter pillars already machined to established M5 inlet standards are also included.

No corners were cut in the design and manufacturing of this DBM hardware. Premium materials and coatings are used throughout.

More info and pictures can be viewed on this KMW web page: https://www.kmwlrs.com/kmw-m5-short-action-dbm

Thanks for taking the time to wander this far into this post and THANK YOU to those that have already purchased and been using this DBM hardware.

Everybody have a safe weekend.
T.

Last edited:
We know you're a busy guy- but how about a video on conceptualization, design, and execution- exclusive to us here at ST?! :)

We know you're a busy guy- but how about a video on conceptualization, design, and execution- exclusive to us here at ST?! :)
Well, first I would have to Google what that big word means.

Secondly, I've been advised to avoid any videos or interviews about how my mind works unless I want to be in jail or institutionalized.

./

Top stuff Mr Cross!!!

In case you guys dont know, the radius work and feel of the mag release levers on KMW DBM is amazing.

And in case some of you didnt know, Mr Cross is a class act and a pleasure to talk to.
He jumped right in and helped with a big project where a bunch of guys helped a young shooter in need of a hand.

On a Foundation with Hawkins inlet, how much modification are we looking at to run these?

On a Foundation with Hawkins inlet, how much modification are we looking at to run these?
Slight.
John-Kyle programs his inlets "snap in" tight. (My term not his).

Manners, McMillan and other maker's M5 inlet cuts would likely accept everybody's M5 hardware. The Foundations are works of art and literally have slightly different tweaks for each company's M5.

./

Reactions: DJL2 and MPrimo
I wanted to "Officially" introduce the new KMW DBM hardware now offered in an M5 compatible footprint.

View attachment 7801119

Even though these have been completed since early last year and already shipping, I have been too busy and backed up to actually put the word out.
Still blessed to be very busy but I am not doing myself any favors by keeping this under the radar so I showed it publicly for the first time at the 2021 Precision Rifle Expo in Blakely, GA.

This brings 4 main design features to the M5 footprint that I have already had excellent results with.

These are integrally machined tabs that control the vertical travel of AICS style magazine bodies. They reside in the proper point in space to allow the
magazine latch to engage but only allow a few thousandths more travel before stopping the magazine.

This feature provides excellent protection against magazine binding the bolt or misfeeding rounds when pushing the rifle into barricades, bags or even

This feature has already been in use on all SENTINEL and LongSword DBMs for the past 2 years. It has also been in use for the last 12 months on an
enhanced Gen II version of the excellent KMW Mk-1 short action DBM and Mk-2 long action DBM. This feature was beta tested by 2 shooters at last

**The KMW Zealot chassis will have the same Captv-Mag feature integrally machined into the chassis body.

2: Enhanced mag-well opening: The M5 pattern DBMs are notoriously thin at the mag well box walls. This makes for very little space to offer any
meaningful chamfer or flair. This KMW M5 pattern mimics the well established SENTINEL and Mk-1 DBM lines below the stock which offers increased
magazine control with the deeper Z-axis well extension. While doing so, I also doubled the wall thickness of the mag well below the bottom waterline
of the stock.

I also included horizontal grooves on the front wall of the magazine well box that are aggressive enough to get traction when pushed against props but
not sharp enough to cut a hand or finger.

3: This new DBM has the same upgraded magazine latch that I started using on the SENTINEL DBMs 2 years ago. This new latch is wider at the contact
point against the back of the magazine and uses a new torsion spring instead of the old compression spring. This spring design is more consistent
across its arc of movement and could endure more severe circumstances where dirt or sand may get behind the latch and bind an compression spring.

The new latch is machined from 17-4 PH stainless and then coated by IonBond with their TB40 DLC finish.

4: This DBM includes custom stock bolts already machined to proper length, heat treated and nitrided with a 3/16" Hex drive head. There should be no
need to grind screws to length if your stock inlets are in spec.
9/16" diameter pillars already machined to established M5 inlet standards are also included.

No corners were cut in the design and manufacturing of this DBM hardware. Premium materials and coatings are used throughout.

More info and pictures can be viewed on this KMW web page: https://www.kmwlrs.com/kmw-m5-short-action-dbm

Thanks for taking the time to wander this far into this post and THANK YOU to those that have already purchased and been using this DBM hardware.

Everybody have a safe weekend.
T.
A deer hunting friend of mine has this bottom metal in a Joe Walls built rifle and I got a chance to see it last Oct.

Like all that I have seen from Terry and KMW, its just a piece of art. Functioned flawlessly while the care and quality were readily apparent.

Can't go wrong with it.

Reactions: Terry Cross
Now I have new go to DBM, and congrats on getting this to market. I remember talking to you a while ago about this project for a build I was doing and now it’s great to see the finished product.

I haven't seen the gen II Mk-1s on the website, but I just bought a couple from a vendor.
Really liking the captv-mag feature. Looks and feels like the bees-knees of bottom metals.👍

Reactions: Milf Dots
I haven't seen the gen II Mk-1s on the website, but I just bought a couple from a vendor.
Really liking the captv-mag feature. Looks and feels like the bees-knees of bottom metal

I have a sweet and sour situation with the Mk1 - Gen II .
The first run of those were exhausted a good bit faster than I envisioned. A couple of larger shops took the last of my inventory and I am just now getting the next run made. Hopefully this batch will be going to anodizing in about 7 days. Depending on that coating cycle and shipping time I would hope to have back in stock and on the KMW web store page within 3 weeks or less.

I appreciate your comments.
Thanks and have a safe weekend.

T.

I have a sweet and sour situation with the Mk1 - Gen II .
The first run of those were exhausted a good bit faster than I envisioned. A couple of larger shops took the last of my inventory and I am just now getting the next run made. Hopefully this batch will be going to anodizing in about 7 days. Depending on that coating cycle and shipping time I would hope to have back in stock and on the KMW web store page within 3 weeks or less.

I appreciate your comments.
Thanks and have a safe weekend.

T.
How’s the chassis coming along?

Reactions: LeftyJason
@Terry Cross Is this drop in compatible with a Manners LRH Mini Chassis?

Planning on sticking a fuzion on top of it for comp gun use.

Thanks