• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing the AI Obsession Chassis

Man I really like this chassis and I haven’t even shot it yet! I am thinking I am going to sell my AX and buy another AT and get another chassis. 🤣
I’m having a hard time convincing myself to rip my AX apart.... 🤣

I asked on one of these threads and the general consensus is anywhere from $200-$300.

I havent tried to sell mine yet.

Does anyone know the going rate of an AT folding chassis? I might as well sell mine since I’ll never use it again.
The AT folding stock is worth about the same whether or not the factory chassis is attached to it. On any given day call it $250 - $350. The only reason anyone would buy the whole AT chassis is if they bought an AT-MPA that didn’t have the original chassis and wanted to swap it back.

A couple years ago I started this whole project by buying a stripped factory chassis with a fixed stock, and I think I paid like $200 or $250.

Is there a reason why this couldn't be done for an AXMC as well? Or are you already planning on this?
Unfortunately I'm not planning on it:
- I don't have an AXMC to de-bond
- The market is extremely limited
- The Obsession Chassis is geared towards PRS-style matches, something the AXMC is not ideal for even with a short-action caliber
- I'd likely have to completely re-design the magwell to accept the AX and AXMC magazines with the asymmetrical "cutout" magwell
- The cost of a new AXMC chassis prototype would be extremely expensive

Can it be done? Yes. I've been asked intermittently over the past year or two, and my answer has always been I'd do it if someone was willing to pay for the true cost of having one designed and made. Practically you'd be better off buying both a new AXSR and an AT w/Obsession chassis for matches.

Sam, this chassis is awesome. It was great to take out the AT/AO for its maiden voyage.
Thanks to Cory K for taking some sweet photos yesterday--if you're out there---creepily reading snipershide.

125095620_1161098674284655_3996429955510185156_o.jpg
125766757_1161100470951142_246566969135402162_o.jpg
124821800_1161101470951042_4202752650688678695_o.jpg

Pics are awesome, thanks for sharing!

Let me know if you’re on IG and have a username I can tag you with (if you don’t mind me sharing the pics on social media)

That's between you and Cory! Do you know him? I can get you in touch if need be. No need for the tags.

Reactions: Darqusoull13
Was this a one and done thing, or is something with enough interest to do a run every year or two?
If you haven’t seen it, there is a group buy thread HERE that goes over more details.

Right now I’m partnering with a company in Norway called The Vision Products to make more. They will be making more chassis’ for the European market, and I will be importing another batch for the US. If you’re interested please shoot me a PM and I’ll get some info from you to put you on a wait list.

Thanks,

Sam

Reactions: BurtGummer
The NV mount was designed to have the picatinny rail co-planar with the "tall" 20MOA action rail. That means if you want to run NV, you will want to set it up just like a factory AX: tall action rail + 1.5" scope mount.

If you are using the NV rail for a forward support-hand thumb rest, then you can position it in front of the objective and run it slammed with a low rail and low rings.

If you want to run the objective on top of the NV bridge, but without the pic rail, then I would recommend either the low rail+ tall rings, or the tall rail+low rings. That's basically how I have it setup, tall rail + 1.18" Spuhr.

View attachment 7419850
Looks like the non enclosed is the way to go even running a night vision clip on. Should let the barrel cool quicker with no downsides

Am I missing anything ?

is the rail adjustable back and forth ?

enclosed does look cooler

28674F8C-2DFB-4B27-BF60-FB074356D913.jpeg

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
$799

Yup, you read that right. GCP Rifle Co has the AO/V chassis IN STOCK and ready to ship, cerakoted in your color of choice, for $799. Additional options include:
- Short NV bridge
- Full length enclosed NV bridge
- 20MOA pic rails for either length bridge
- Internal/external weights
- Full de-bond and re-bond by Rick at GCP
- Custom cerakote colors and patterns

If you're even remotely on the fence about upgrading your AW, AT, or AX, you're sick of waiting for other options, or you're looking to take your current AI rifle to the next level for competitions, don't hesitate to call Rick at 440-213-5585. We will get you taken care of for whatever project you're able to dream up!

Thanks,

Sam

07_AI.jpg
08_AI.jpg
02_AI.jpg
03_AI.jpg
04_AI.jpg
05_AI.jpg

Just keep throwing the mud on the wall…
Vision butt stock assembly for the AO/Vision AI chassis 💣

Reactions: Huskydriver
@samb300

I was googling to no avail do you happen to know the weight of the ao chassis vs the stock at chassis?

Edit* found the answer to this second question in gcp page.

Really thinking of running the ao instead of an atx
I believe the ~32oz weight is the bare AO/V chassis, add about 5 oz for the short NV bridge.

The bare AT chassis is 28oz, add ~4oz for the skins, add ~7oz for the NV bridge, then add a few more ounces for a bolt-on Arca/RRS rail on the bottom of the forend.

The AX chassis w/RRS auxiliary plate and top picatinny forend rail = 40.6 oz (this does not include a full-length Arca/RRS rail on the bottom of the forend tube)

Any other questions, let me know!

Just ordered the AO in classic green. I've been going back and forth between AO vs AT-X for the last few months. The looks, availability and the fact that I can keep the thumbhole stock which I really love with the AO won in the end. Also too many unknowns with the AT-X as far as delivery and $$. Now back to watching Sam's debonding/bonding videos for the 3rd time lol

Just ordered the AO in classic green. I've been going back and forth between AO vs AT-X for the last few months. The looks, availability and the fact that I can keep the thumbhole stock which I really love with the AO won in the end. Also too many unknowns with the AT-X as far as delivery and $$. Now back to watching Sam's debonding/bonding videos for the 3rd time lol
Thanks for your business!

If you have any questions on the installation don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

Sam

Reactions: LA260
It really is a remarkable chassis, by far the most sturdy and tough chassis I’ve used. I’m definitely gonna use it more in matches this next year. I’m sure your gonna love it.

Attachments

• 7A63F7C4-60E4-45BA-902D-41CE13575050.jpeg
    7A63F7C4-60E4-45BA-902D-41CE13575050.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
I'm weighing up buying an AT vs an AT-X for my first AI.
The AT-X is pretty great value (in the US) but I love the classic AW look.

The AT arse end with the AO chassis might give me the best of both worlds of classic AI thumbhole and ARCA/barricade lowness capabilities.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9 and LA260
I'm weighing up buying an AT vs an AT-X for my first AI.
The AT-X is pretty great value (in the US) but I love the classic AW look.

The AT arse end with the AO chassis might give me the best of both worlds of classic AI thumbhole and ARCA/barricade lowness capabilities.

I did it, before going with an AX rear.

84834015_3029433480408652_125796229140447232_o.jpg

Lil update. I placed the order today with gcprifleco.com around 9am pst and it left Sarasota at 5pm est! This type of service is truly appreciated specially these days when every single thing is either backordered or takes 3 weeks to ship when in stock.
Let the fun begin
IMG_20211119_215908943_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
So my only gripe with an AO rifle right now is the AX buttstuck seems so heavy for no reason, entailing a decent amount of weight up front to counterbalance. The new AT-X buttstock looks nice and light.

Reactions: Anzac
With the OG AO chassis, I'm running the full internal weight, mostly because Sam said it does a pretty good job of stiffening up that long forend... With a 24" MTU I'm something in the neighborhood of 22 lbs with bipod & all... A little bit heavier than I'd probably like, but she's a pleasure to shoot.

Not sure what the deal is with the Vision chassis, seems like somewhere I read that it's a là carte & you just order the pieces you want... If that's the case, I'd go full internal weight.

What barrel you going to be running, @blbennett1288?

Reactions: blbennett1288
With the OG AO chassis, I'm running the full internal weight, mostly because Sam said it does a pretty good job of stiffening up that long forend... With a 24" MTU I'm something in the neighborhood of 22 lbs with bipod & all... A little bit heavier than I'd probably like, but she's a pleasure to shoot.

Not sure what the deal is with the Vision chassis, seems like somewhere I read that it's a là carte & you just order the pieces you want... If that's the case, I'd go full internal weight.

What barrel you going to be running, @blbennett1288?
Full internal weight from which company?

Running standard AI Contour 24” 6/6.5CM and a 26” 6BR

Full internal weight from which company?

Running standard AI Contour 24” 6/6.5CM and a 26” 6BR
The Vision weights can also be installed internally. They are secured using the screw holes through the bottom of the chassis. I think you can fit up to four spaced out under the barrel.

I ended up machining a full length internal weight from brass. I prefer the solid internal weight.

Reactions: blbennett1288
Thanks @J-Ham @reubenski . I saw that on GCPs page but I didn’t know if there was some sort of standard for weights, kinda like arca for rails, that made it where you could run different manufactures items across the board. Sounds like it pretty specific.

I gotcha... Yeah outside of MLOK for external weights, I'm not aware of anything that is standard as you're talking about.