• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing the Whiskey-3 Chassis!

Massoud

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2008
Boise area, Idaho
www.krg-ops.com
Gents,
Well it is about that time. We are expecting to ship our Whiskey-3 Chassis within a few weeks (yeah, I know, two weeks=2years, haha). We are shoring up a few last items, then they will be ready to go. We've pre-sold the majority of them through our newsletter, but held some back for hide members. If you want one, send us an email to info at krg-ops.com (replace at with @). No money is required to pre-order, we'll contact you when it's time to ship.

This run is fixed stocks for the Tikka T3 (other actions coming). Price will be under $890. The plan right now is to be able to upgrade to the folding version with a few different parts. Here's the full spec sheet:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Forend:</span>
-Aluminum, designed for ergonomic feel

-Threaded mounting holes at various positions, total of 18, including two on each side for future accessories

-access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the T3 action without removing forend like you have to do on a TRG

-Finish is hard anodize

<span style="font-weight: bold"> “Backbone”/Chassis:</span>
-V-bedding system for consistent contact between action and chassis

-Hardened stainless steel recoil lug instead of aluminum ones found on stock T3’s

-Designed for AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Trigger Guard/Mag catch:</span>
-Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard but made of aluminum instead of Delrin

-Will accept Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger

-Mag catch is our popular Catch Extender which improves ergonomics and control

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cheekpiece:</span>
-Infinite adjustable within range (~1.5" range)

-Uses thumbscrew to clamp/loosen

-Cheekpiece must be removed to remove bolt, but this is quick and we have included a simple feature to make the cheekpiece go back to the exact height you set it

-Cheekpiece can be moved forward and backward

-Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat or cold to your face

<span style="font-weight: bold">Length of Pull:</span>
-Adjustable in ¼” increments with nearly 2” of adjustment range

-Uses two cam locks to ensure a solid fit

-Simple spacer system will be available for those who like to set it and forget it (demand dependent)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Buttstock:</span>
-CNC milled from billet aluminum

-Entire buttstock can be removed for easy storage or transport

-Entire buttstock assembly can be used on a TRG if you should desire

<span style="font-weight: bold">Buttpad:</span>
-Moves vertically to any desired position

-Locks in with set screw

-Buttpad is Remington 700 pattern so user can install aftermarket pre-fit pads (pad included is Remington brand “Supercell”)

-Buttpad can tilt 15 degrees to each side (as if looking directly from the rear down the bore)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mounting features for slings, monopods, etc:</span>
-Buttstock has built in ambidextrous QD sling mount point, and provisions for a second point higher and further toward the rear

-Buttstock includes picatinny rail from Magpul at the bottom rear to mount a monopod or other device

-Harris bipod stud included on forend

-QD cups can be mounted on any number of positions on sides or bottom of forend

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Planned</span> future accessories/upgrades:</span>
-A forend with a built in Anschutz rail will be offered as an upgrade at some point

-A quick detach bipod mount that slides in the front of the stock will be offered at some point

-Different sizes of grips will be offered for those who find the standard grip too small or too large

-A folding buttstock will be an option in the future

-We plan to offer a parts kit to turn your fixed stock into a folder (buttstock is modular so it will be an easy swap)

-A variety of forends and attachments will be offered including a wide F-class attachment, and a lightweight carbon fiber or similar forend

-A butthook/bag-rider

-Different rifles. We will be fitting the Sako M995/TRG-S into the Whiskey-3, then both TRG 22 and 42 for those that want something other than the factory stock, followed by others on demand. The buttstock assembly will fit all other versions but the forends won’t due to magazine size/placement differences

-other odds and ends as we think of them

<span style="font-weight: bold">Materials/Finishes:</span>
-All aluminum parts are blasted and hard anodized

-(nearly) All fasteners are stainless steel with black oxide coating

-Steel parts will be either Manganese Phosphated (Parkerized) or salt bath nitrided

-Grip panels will be polyurethane (similar to TRG stock and cheekpiece) with built in texture panels

<span style="font-weight: bold">Weight:</span>
~4lb 14oz w/o mag

<span style="font-weight: bold">Color:</span>
Black

<span style="font-weight: bold">Price: </span>
<$890

<span style="font-weight: bold">Overseas customers:</span>
-We have had a lot of interest from our overseas friends. To make it worth the hassle, we have to get a bunch of these sold to overseas users. We will start a pre-order list for foreign sales and when we hit critical mass, KRG will dive into the paperwork quagmire

All parts designed, made, and assembled in Colorado, USA (except certain COTS and buttpad from Remington)

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Re: Introducing the Whiskey-3 Chassis!

Very cool. If I drank the Tikka koolaid i'd definitely be all over this.

Aside from tikka and trg users, when can the rest of us with Win70/700/Savage/Howa footprints be looking at a chassis?

Thanks! Sometime this year for the Rem 700. Others, we'll have to see what the demand is. We'll do a limited run for the Badger M2008 because we already have it done. Which action do you want specifically?
Justin

I have to word this tactfully. I'm looking for a chassis for the howa/vanguard footprint. I respect the positive attributes of the action, however the aftermarket is non-existant.

there is one chassis, pete roedale's RCSII chassis. It would be great to have a option of the american produced chassis, to avoid long lead time, and the importation waltz.

The Howa seems to be a fairly popular action, relatively speaking. We've been surprised by the number of people asking about Howa related stuff.

We do have one on hand (Howa varminter), so when we get a chance we'll see if it will work. Thanks for the feedback!
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which action do you want specifically?</div></div>

Remington 700 short and long action?

Quick question, is the stock 14lbs with or without the rifle?

I would dump my AICS for one of these. Build a short action 700 and watch them fly off the shelf!

Badass!!I am waiting on the Remy 700 to come out;)

~Reagan

would be interested in one for a 700 long action

Why is the model 70 always the neglected red headed step-child?

Great looking chassis

Will this be available for the med and short action size?

Justin,

Looks great. Once you offer it for remmy 700s you can forget about lunch breaks..........

pc

Outfreakinstanding!! Will be looking for the T3Tac folder...and use the folding portion on the TRG!
Would look real close at Rem700 action.
Congrats, hard work is paying off.

Good to hear guys! Who needs lunch, it's a crutch, haha.
Bray, the Tikka T3 only comes in one action size, but for the 700, we'll do both shot and long actions.
Shooter-you know we'll have one with your name on it!
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I handled the badger one at shot, it was bad to the bone! </div></div>

I did as well. Was very impressed with the comfort and balance. I will be getting one of these chassis for a M2008 SA for sure.

Any projected release dates?

Very nice!

Will there be an option down the road to purchase just the butt stock end for TRG users that want to update just the rear be it the fixed or folding version?

Todd,

Yes, we will be releasing a folding back end for TRGs. Tell your friends!
wink.gif

Thanks for your interest!

-John

I'll take one for my Rem 700LA if it doesn't take too long to bring to market!

great. now i want a tikka. thank you very much.

but seriously. very nice. cant wait till they are out for the 700

Very nice!!
That is one cool piece of kit!!!!

and, yes, now I also want a Tikka.

When I first saw this chassis, it piqued my interest in the Tikka T3 platform. I have never seen any at my local gun store so I never had the chance to play with one. I was recently at a gun show and saw one.....The factory action is really, really smooth, light bolt lift, decent trigger, fast lock time. It almost felt like a custom action and was by far the smoothest "factory" action I have felt. My Savage shoots bug holes with match ammo - but I just wish the action was smoother, and bolt lift lighter (a lot lighter)

It made quite the impression so I pre-ordered one of these new chassis and my Tikka T3 Scout CTR in .308 is on the way!

Can it be set up to run the TRG mags with the TRG action?
Will the M2008 accept te WSM action?

We like the Tikka for the price range! It's not the end-all-be-all for sure, but it's a good value. I had a Master Sporter before and it was very nice.

Jon, if you have a TRG, you can buy just the back end and run your factory backbone, forend, and magazines. Really the only reason to go with a full chassis would be if you wanted the aluminum forend (weight is just about equal) and wanted to run AICS mags in your TRG. If you want the full chassis but still use TRG mags, that's possible if there's enough interest.

As far as the WSM action, I don't know the answer at this point. I haven't seen an M2008 WSM action, I didn't realize there was a separate one. What mags does it use? I'll take a look at Badger's site.

Keep the questions coming if you have them fellas.
Justin

A back end folder for my existing chassis would be the $hit. what would be the cost for this animal?

Did anyone ask for a short action 700 chassis yet? I will order one as soon as they are in stock ready to ship!

Do you have a pic of a Badger M2008 in one of these?

In the "sneak peak" thread there are several pictures of the Badger version that we had at SHOT. Marty and the rest of the crew are great people. They let us put the W3 in their booth. Here's the link:
This one is 338 Federal with integral can
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...002#Post2315002

I don't know if I reading this right but it seems like maybe one or two guys want a 700 version, haha.

Jon, the folding back end by itself will be between 650 and 950. It's too early to say at this point. We just tweaked the design a bit so we have to prove it out, then figure out the cost in production.

Thanks,
Justin

If you can keep the trg folder under a $1000 I'm in. It looks great.

I would like to have a tikka set up this way in 223 so I hope you consider the smaller tikka action at some point in the future.

Do you have any plan to make one for the sako quad? I'll be interested in one. At the monent i'm waiting for the folding conversion kit for my trg 42.

I would be interested in a sako quad version also!

That would be so sweet having a quad, tikka and trg in the same stock. Its like going .22 lr to 223 to 338

Yes. Why don't you build us a Quad forend while you're at it?
That would be awesomer. My junkyard airsoft AI stock for my Quad has got to go.

That's an interesting idea fellas! There was a rifle, the Sig SSG3000 I think, that you could get a .22 conversion kit and fire .22 to train and have all the same scope and stock setup. I always thought that was neat. It just depends on demand, and the difficulty involved of course. I've never seen a Quad up close so I don't know what it would entail.

What do you mean by Quad forend?

Bray, I've just now got a .223 Tikka T3 here and it appears that it's the same size action as the others, but I'll double check. There should be no issues fitting it in, but again I'll check.
Justin

I have a .223 T3 Varmint and would like to know if this would fit as well.

Thanks.

Also....being a lefty shooting, will the left pistol grip have the textured surface? it seems to only have the texture on the right side, and not the left. would we be able to order?

Any thoughts on building one for the big stiller actions? namely the TAC 338 and 408?

Build a Quad chassis block that will fit the W3C that way the Tikka action can simply be switched out with its chassis and then drop in a the Quad/chassis and go shoot. Similar to the SIG rifle concept.
The Quad is a great shooter and very accurate. Will bring it out next time we shoot w/ Zunrj.

So I'm guessing the fore-end is fully aluminium, not wrapped around in polymer?

Seeing that the T3 comes in one action length, is your magazine system for the long or short action cartridges?

This first set is for the non-magum length calibers. Iggy if this is a problem just let me know. The magnum length magazines cause an issue because they butt right up against the trigger. This was clever of Sako to keep the action length as short as possible but causes problems for aftermarket stuff. The problem is that the screw that holds on the trigger guard sits right in front of the trigger, which is not a problem on every other action except the magnum/long action caliber T3's.

We'll find a work around, it will just take a bit of extra time.

D-lamz, yes the forend is aluminum. Eventually we will add a polymer sleeve of some sort. We have a few things in mind but we're open to suggestions.
Justin