• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

inventory

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
I understand the current climate we live in and supply is very low and demand is very high but how are you reloaders keeping up, are you sitting on that much reloading stuff or just willing to spend a little (alot) more just to get what you need?

My local shops are always dry for powders, most of the time its the same guys who know thier shipping schedules and/or have buddies that work at these places and go buy them out. Its also rumored that when a mom and pop shop out here gets thier hands on any powder they put it straight on Gun boker for better profit. And it wont piss of any of thier current shoppers as they are always "out of stock."

local Sportmans within the LAST YEAR has "only" got a total of two 1# of RL26, and a couple of h1000, IMR 4350, varget and retumbo, rare unicorn dust out here. While you go to Scheels and they have all the factory ammo under the sun. and walmart has all my rimfire stuff i need.

Any help and advice I would be greatly thankful!

In typical times, manage your supply chain risk relative to your requirements and consumption rates across all weapon systems you load for, purchase enough to meet your reserve requirements for each

Buy as much as you can during favorable climates so you can weather the lean times.

I personally bought enough component stock to last me at least 10 years between 2016-2019, fearing a Trump loss in 2020 (in reality I thought the election would be stolen and it was). And whenever possible, I buy more. Occasionally ill travel up to 300 miles for the right deal (ie trading for 16+ lbs of Varget).

Paid some higher prices awhile ago but was able to get stock to comfortable levels. Still keep an eye open and pick up some things here and there. Based on my current usage I should be in decent shape for a couple years.

What lightman said, then be prepared for people to call you a hoarder because you were smart and they weren't.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Paid some higher prices awhile ago but was able to get stock to comfortable levels. Still keep an eye open and pick up some things here and there. Based on my current usage I should be in decent shape for a couple years.
👆... exactly my strategy. Over the past 3 years, this has allowed me to accumulate about 12,000 Primers, almost 100 lbs of the varieties or powder I use, and plenty of cases and bullets. Use the tools available to add in opportunistic fashion, and backorder stuff (like bullets) a year before you need them. I'm at the point now where I could find literally "nothing" available, and still shoot comfortably for several years.

It's funny ... when I hear the "loud complainers" on available reloading supplies, I ask "What are you doing about it?". All too frequently the answer is either "just complaining", or some loosely stated comment about watching for things at LGS' or online. I don't usually hear about early backorders, employing equivalent alternatives, alert-management, available stock-bots, even over-paying on GunBroker where necessary. I think of reloading supplies as "food during a famine", and try to get both inclusive and creative about how I stay supplied.

I understand the current climate we live in and supply is very low and demand is very high but how are you reloaders keeping up, are you sitting on that much reloading stuff or just willing to spend a little (alot) more just to get what you need?

My local shops are always dry for powders, most of the time its the same guys who know thier shipping schedules and/or have buddies that work at these places and go buy them out. Its also rumored that when a mom and pop shop out here gets thier hands on any powder they put it straight on Gun boker for better profit. And it wont piss of any of thier current shoppers as they are always "out of stock."

local Sportmans within the LAST YEAR has "only" got a total of two 1# of RL26, and a couple of h1000, IMR 4350, varget and retumbo, rare unicorn dust out here. While you go to Scheels and they have all the factory ammo under the sun. and walmart has all my rimfire stuff i need.

Any help and advice I would be greatly thankful!
Last summer as my older components started to dry up and my cost/shot started to go up.....I began buying with the mindset of a 2 year 'unrestricted' supply for centerfire and rimfire. The rimfire was easy enough to do in a small window, but centerfire just took time and some luck to hit sites when it happened to be in stock. Been after my last powder jug for a good 3 months so it does take some time. At present I need 1 more 8 lb jug and 1 more pre-fit to make sure I can keep at it through summer 2024. At that time I'm going to re-evaluate my centerfire world and depending on price/squeeze I may become a rimfire guy all around. With the addition of KYL targets my lil suppressed CZ457 makes me laugh out loud I can't NOT smile.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarbonMTN
i just bought $1000.00 worth of powder and bullets friday. Didnt really need what I bought at the time, but it was available and it will be used.

Y'all need to lock down your components buying & hoarding. For the greater good. Two weeks to flatten the curve. You're literally killing your grandmother.

know this wont help you but hodgon.com just had varget and a day or so earlier had h4350 and imr 4350 unless someone here is living near you who would sell you something the best advice I can give is open a page or two on your pc and fill it with places online that sell powder and primers and refresh every 15 min or so and keep it open 24/7 that and family in other states keeping an eye out have yielded me the best results price wise nothing is going to be good if ever again so your mostly stuck with crazy high prices and terrible availability unless you live in Canada , Id also suggest going through your local area and a couple in states near to you try and find out when they get deliveries and camp out or rotate checking them it's almost a full time job looking for and acquiring has been . I have done that a couple of times just to grab a few 8lb's I do wish you the best of luck .
a few of the different places you could check
and many many other you will just have to find online and pick the ones you want to watch and refresh constantly .