• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Invitation to shoot a new Benchrest venue!!

Enjoyed the match. The new tgt is nice and it was great to meet Mike, Norm, Larry, Todd and so many other great shooters. Being new, I wish I had taken the match a bit more seriously. I brought an un-proven albeit great shooting old Win 52B is with an antique 10x Fecker scope. While it shot good, I was still messing around with ammo lots to get the best out of it. I only had enough of its best lot for one card which was OK. I switched to a new lot of Eley on the last card a was able to score a 2000 on it. Wish, I had taken the time to try that lot at home before I got to the match, lol. Had I realized how serious this match was, I might have brought a more proven and tested rifle. Live and learn.

Fun event with good people. Suggestions: Offer a junior class and consider offering a factory stock class which would allow the Vudoos, Annies, Sakos and other nice factory original rifles to compete on a level field. The Hot Rod class is great and I would keep it but it was so open that it made a maxxed out hot rod so much like a unlimited rifle that the only real difference was the two piece rest. Just food for thought.

Dude, by far, you had the coolest rifle at the match. I spent more time standing there taking that one all in....love the old 52's and it made me stop and think that I should've brought my 52D. If I were to apply a name to my 52, it would be "Basket Case," because of the shape it was in when I purposely traded into it.

The suggestions are well taken and I appreciate it. This match is all about the shooting and input like this is important. We learned a lot on the first one and it helps us go forward.

Thanks Dude and reach out anytime if you need anything,
MB

Ok... magic question. How did the v22s do? Was it used to compete by any of the competitors?

The new rifle was on display and not shot in the match. The approach was to make this more about the shooters and what they brought with them than to make the match a "sales tool." The rifle was built by Ivan on one of the first two prototypes and it certainly would've been competitive in the match, but not against our shooters for the inaugural match. I also had two production V-22S actions on display; one was RB/RP and the other RB/LP, and they were complete with the new Vudoo/Flavio trigger. There were lots of good questions and everyone had an opportunity to handle the actions, but the focus was strictly on the shooting.

MB

I made the 900 mile trip from Deep East Texas to Kentucky last week to participate in what I think of as the "event" ... not only a competitive match but the introduction of both Vudoo's V22-S action and IvanHoe's custom package, i.e., rifle based on the V-22S, scope and rest. The event was attended by the title sponsors and Lapua provided ammo to the winners in addition to a really nice plaque.

First, the venue ... Kentucky, especially from Bowling Green to Somerset is spectacular. The range was about thirty minutes from Somerset and the last five miles were the most beautiful part of my drive. Switchbacks and elevation changes made it more like a road racing track not well suited for an F-150. Slow it down and enjoy the scenery ... keep your foot close to the break and remember never to go into one of those turns hot!!!

The Buck Creek Range was well thought out and had all the trappings necessary to put on a quality match. Benches were limited to twelve which was perfect for the 33 shooters who participated ... three relays and four cards.

Vudoo design engineer Mike Bush had a couple of V-22S actions that we could handle and he was often seen giving tours of the action, specifically the bolt and the innovations it contains. You can disassemble the bolt without tools. The V-22S will be shipped with multiple firing pin springs that allow a shooter to tune ignition to his liking. In addition to firing pin spring options, tension on the spring can be fine tuned by compressing the spring to further tune the action to achieve optimum group size, X-count or P.A.R. score. Pretty neat and consistent how a lot of the top-tier shooters are modifying their actions - but a lot easier (I think).

A full blown Vudoo V-22S action-based IvanHoe Shooting Equipment build with his beautiful one-piece rest was on display. It's truly a work of art and would make a beautiful display in an enthusiasts gun room. Ivan's stock has a very wide butt stock bottom end that rides in the rear of the rest. The display he was using was highly polished and would be the envy of any Harley rider's wet dream ... Bling, Bling, Bling. The wood in the stock was laminated and beautiful. There's pictures on the Hide and Rimfire Accuracy. It's truly amazing and was ready to shoot ... there's a bit of data posted on the forums and it would have been nice to see what Ivan could do with the rifle at the bench. He was a good host and a relentless match director so the rifle set idle. Maybe next time!!!

The Inaugural Match was professionally managed (as you might expect) and was fraught with unpredictable (but not high) winds and occasional rain showers that lasted no more the the length of a relay. Changing range conditions can easily be verified by looking at the scores - even the best shooters stumbled at bit on cards - I suspect these stumbles were caused by shifting range conditions ... all in a day's competition.

The support staff were superb ... they made all of us feel comfortable, put on a great meal, scored targets accurately and keep us safe from range errors. It's yet to be seen if the event ends up resulting in any spread of the plague - I sure hope not!!!

I can only speak for myself but I had a really good time ... I always enjoy the solitude of a cross country drive, I got to meet a lot of great people, shoot with guys whose skill level was far above mine - watch out for me next time cause I'm coming after you. I got to see the new product from Vudoo/Ivan and I had a lot to think about on my drive home.

I did pick up a couple packs of targets and have invited my gun club RFBR competitors to a "BP-150 Target and Sanction Evaluation" this weekend at our range in Lufkin (Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club). We'll be shooting on August 8, Saturday, beginning between 8 and 9am. Any shooters reading this post are welcome to saddle-up and join us. We've got a quorum committed to shooting already and will make this a fun shoot - but we will be scoring like competitors always do. Our primary mission is to evaluate the BP-150 as a potential sanctioning body for our 2021 season.

Norm

Interest in the Bullet Proof 150 quickly spread to my local community of rimfire benchrest shooters. We scheduled a “fun shoot” yesterday to do a
BP-150 target evaluation and to discuss the inaugural match.

Twelve competitors traveled to my club, Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club, located just north of Lufkin, in the deep east piney woods of Texas. These shooters comprise a very competent group of local competitors, top ranked ARA shooters and monthly participants of a monthly rimfire benchrest postal match that myself and my partner manage.

We shot four Bullet Pro 150 targets, just like we did last weekend at Buck Creek. The high card shot yesterday at Angelina was a 2,725 with 15 P.A.R. compared to the high card of 2,450 last week at Buck Creek. We had four competitors shoot aggregate scores higher than the first place winner at Buck Creek (2,219) and five shooters logging higher P.A.R. counts.

Before I ruffle any feathers, my focus is not to disrespect either the competitors or the venue at Buck Creek but to point out the fact most of you may already know - each range is different, they’ve got their own personality and some offer a better opportunity to score more points. Then there’s weather on the day of the match - wind and rain. Yesterday’s conditions were hot and humid with very little wind - excellent for wiping out that aiming dot. Weather last weekend at Buck Creek included variable and switchy winds and periodic rain storms that seemed to last for about sixteen minutes - go figure.

The majority of yesterday’s field of competitors had not shot the Bullet Pro 150 target. I was surprised that no one was critical of the worst edge scoring system and that all the shooters recognized the value of wiping out the aiming dot, i.e., getting that “Premium Accuracy Reward” that paid an extra fifty points.

I think the guys quickly realized how easy the BP-150 target is to score and the name of the game is “wipe out”. First and second place both shot over 50% for P.A.R. scores - that’s great shooting in anybody’s book. Everyone really appreciated the two columns of nine sighters aligned to the left and right of the record bulls. The importance of sighters can't be over emphasized and the BP-150 target certainly helps the shooter monitor the effects of wind and other variables.

I appreciate that these fine shooters took the time to come to Angelina and shoot the new target. It’s not often that a new sanctioning association in established and we’re all interested in the impact any new approach will have on raising the accuracy bar and advancing the state-of-the-art.

Another awesome post Norm and I appreciate your investment of time and interest. A number of things are coming together as we start shipping Factory Hot Rod Rifles and plan to have a rifle or two in the PSL Nationals in September. The V-22S Action is everything I wanted it to be for those that asked me to get into the single shot games, which reaches further than just being used for BR.

Thanks again Norm and reach out if you need anything,
MB

So Sorry for the delay, first things first!!

I wish to give special thanks to all that made this possible. Mike Bush and all the gang at Vudoo Gun Works. Adam Braverman, Luke, Devon and Lapua Ammunition our Title sponsors. IMG_0807 Winners.jpegBullet Pro 150 8-1-20 097.JPGBullet Pro 150 8-1-20 096.JPG

More to come.

Reactions: Cuzz
Little bit of an update, we never expected the response to this new venue that we have received. Thank you everyone for your support. As this keeps moving forward please be patient, this is a huge task for us to get this the way it should be for our shooters to go have a fun filled day with good sportsmanship, comradery and competition with each other. We are working on the Bullet PRO 150 website. We will have a ranking and points system that rewards the most accurate shooters, as well as being recognized for their accomplishments through out each year of competition. There will be a state ranking as well as a national ranking system. We will have the same set up for our youth shooters. We are still gathering information at each event we have to see how to best serve our competitors. The rules are coming, we intend to keep it as simple as can be. We should have a new shipment of targets by the first of next week. If you need targets please let us know, they are not cheap to ship as you guys are already aware.

Hope this helps!!

Ivanhoe

Last edited:
Way to go. Sounds like a terrific opportunity. When are you going to find time to build me a one piece rest? Lol

Little bit of an update, we never expected the response to this new venue that we have received. Thank you everyone for your support. As this keeps moving forward please be patient, this is a huge task for us to get this the way it should be for our shooters to go have a fun fill day with good sportsmanship, commendatory and competition with each other. We are working on the Bullet PRO 150 website, we will have a ranking and points system that rewards the most of accurate shooters, as well as being recognized for their accomplishments through out each year of competition. There will be a state ranking as well as a national ranking system. We will have the same set up for our youth shooters. We are still gathering information at each event we have to see how to best serve our competitors. The rules are coming, we intend to keep it as simple as can be. We should have a new shipment of targets by the first of next week. If you need targets please let us know, they are not cheap to ship as you guys are already aware.

Hope this helps!!

Ivanhoe
Ivan, thanks for the update. Is it too soon for an update on where matches will be held the remainder of 2020? I would love to shoot another Hot Rod match before the year is done!

Thanks for all your efforts to get this rolling and if ever you need any help, you only have to ask.

Thanks again!