• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 2.5-10 FFP MIL/MIL

Norwiscutter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
Eagle River, WI
Looking for feed back from owners on this scope. Specifically, box testing and durability. From my limited research, it seams that this one does not cary with it the stigma associated with the 3-18. Any thoughs, good, bad, indifferent?

Re: IOR 2.5-10 FFP MIL/MIL

What is the stigma of the 3-18? I'm about to buy one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norwiscutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for feed back from owners on this scope. Specifically, box testing and durability. From my limited research, it seams that this one does not cary with it the stigma associated with the 3-18. Any thoughs, good, bad, indifferent? </div></div>

One of the best scopes I have ever owned. Sorry I sold it.

I had one of those for quite a while it was a good scope, there were a few things I did not like about it.

First the covered knobs. They are very small and with gloves on they are hard to grasp which was an issue for me as I hunted with mine. Plus you have to nearly take your hand off to see where you are at. (especially with the gloves)

2nd the knobs have I think it was 2.5 Mils per turn. (it might have been a little higer but the .5 was there) That part sucked cause once you got past that first turn you suddenly had to account for the .5 until you got to the 3rd revolution then it was gone again. PITA if you ask me.

3rd No parallax adjustment. Maybe it was just me, but at long distance and really close distance it was just never quite focused right. I did not care for that, never had that problem with any of my 3-18s or my 6-24 IORs since they had the adjustment.

4th, this might have just been my sample but the magnification ring was quite stiff and with all the use it never loosened up.

5th, the illumination sucked as with all IORs. Even at the lowest setting it completely lit up the whole tube with a red glow. All the IOR scopes I have had that had ill were the same way. It is pretty much worthless on IOR scopes and I would not let that be a positive factor in your decision to buy an IOR as they just do not work.

One other downside and this is pretty much common with all FFP scopes, but it was only usable down to about 4x. Anywhere below that and the reticle was pretty much to small to use effectively. My 3-18x is the same way though, so really that's just the way they are.

Now onto the good stuff. Optically it was very good as most IORs are known for. Mechanically the adjustments were very consistant and it passed the box test many times and always returned to zero after my 2 to 600 yard shooting. It seemed very durable, it was on a AR and while not a lot of recoil the bolt slamming back and forth does jar them around a bit. Plus it bounced around on my fourwheeler gun rack quite a bit while hunting yotes. The knobs did have very nice clicks which you could feel and hear.

I sold mine to buy a Super Sniper 10x HD. While it is not a variable it is a better scope in every way. After experiencing the SS HD I would personally buy the SS 3-9x over the IOR 2.5-10x any day. And the best part is you would save $400 to $500 doing it and IMO end up with an all around better scope.

Thanks for the great feedback. This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for. Having had the 2-12 IOR, I believe that the experiences here mirrior mine in the sense that I was impressed with the glass and repeatability, but underwhelmed by the illumination.

I have this same model. I have been satisfied with it. It has good glass, solid clicks on the turrets that are repeatable. I don't disagree with what has been said about the illumination, as I think other companies do it better, but I can tell a difference between illlumination intensity of the lowest setting versus the highest, just not as much so as on other brands. I don't use the illumination that much anyway, so for me, I would purchase another IOR based on my experience with them.

IMHO, one of the best Variable FFP scopes for the money. Once the new version comes out with the exposed knobs, it will be even better.

I wonder if Scott at Liberty could comment on an ETA for the new version. I have been looking at these also.

IMHO, one of the best Variable FFP scopes for the money.

I would have to agree. To get a scope with the same features, good glass, FFP, mil/mil, you have to spend a reasonable amount more money.

ive been looking at this scope lately also. would a SS 3-9 really be a better buy then the new 2.5-10? do either of those scopes have zero stop or anything like that? i have been looking at the viper pst's and i really like their zero stop

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if Scott at Liberty could comment on an ETA for the new version. I have been looking at these also. </div></div>

The new 2.5-10x42mm w/exposed knobs have been out for some months. Scott should have them.

They look like this:

IOR 2.5-10x42mm FFP Mil/MIL

Had one. It was a good scope. Tracked perfectly on every test I ran it through. I let it go due to wanting more magnification, but it never gave me a bit of problem.

If feel the IOR 2.5-10x is one of the better scope they make. I have also been happy with the 2-12x they make. For me personally I'm not a big fan of FFP scopes that are 10x and under.

Here are videos.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUfIe3Q2LFg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUfIe3Q2LFg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2hVk8aqU9k&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2hVk8aqU9k&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/alDtXqGAZyM&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/alDtXqGAZyM&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mike @ CST

if i bought their 2.5-10x scope, how far out could i shoot? i know thats probably been asked before, but for example, could i shoot out to 1k yards if i wanted to? and does that scope have a zero stop feature like the viper pst's do?

I haven't shot my NF 2.5x10 at 1000, but, I have shot it at 600, the target was 4 pieces of paper 9"x11" taped together, I had no problem with that at all, it could have ben 1 piece of paper and I wouldn't have had a problem