• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 2.5-10x FFP Illuminated scope - 50 BMG proof?

Re: IOR 2.5-10x FFP Illuminated scope - 50 BMG proof?

I have the 2-12x & like it very much. (Why not that one?) They also make a 3-18x that would be nice on a .50. Both of their retical's are great, the MP-8 & the CQB, they both work very good. Make sure you call Scott at Liberty Optic's before you buy.

Be careful with the 3-18 on a 50. The eye relief is pretty short an could make for an UGLY eyebrow modification

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be careful with the 3-18 on a 50. The eye relief is pretty short an could make for an UGLY eyebrow modification </div></div>

I agree.

Last edited:

Probably want your scopesight to have parallax adjustment more than an illuminated reticle, unless 100 to 150 yds is your intended application.

IOR used to make a 10x fixed w/side focus, very nice scope. Had one for a couple years.

Super Sniper 10/16/20x scopes are also well-regarded.

With a max mag of 10x, parallax will NEVER be an issue with that scope at any distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably want your scopesight to have parallax adjustment more than an illuminated reticle, unless 100 to 150 yds is your intended application.

IOR used to make a 10x fixed w/side focus, very nice scope. Had one for a couple years.

Super Sniper 10/16/20x scopes are also well-regarded. </div></div>

I thought you hated IOR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be careful with the 3-18 on a 50. The eye relief is pretty short an could make for an UGLY eyebrow modification </div></div>

Why do you say that? The eye relief on the FFP model, (which is NOT the one to get from what I'v read) is 3.25" & the 2nd FP one is 3.5", which is about the same as USO, Premier Ret. & other good scopes. NF has a 3.8+ relief which is about the most. I think 3.5" would be ok on a .50, if you know how to use it. Leupold Mark 4's have aprox. 3.5 - 4.5" but they are not my cup of tea. (Personally I'd rather have the black eye.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmachine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be careful with the 3-18 on a 50. The eye relief is pretty short an could make for an UGLY eyebrow modification </div></div>

Why do you say that? The eye relief on the FFP model, (which is NOT the one to get from what I'v read) is 3.25" & the 2nd FP one is 3.5", which is about the same as USO, Premier Ret. & other good scopes. NF has a 3.8+ relief which is about the most. I think 3.5" would be ok on a .50, if you know how to use it. Leupold Mark 4's have aprox. 3.5 - 4.5" but they are not my cup of tea. (Personally I'd rather have the black eye.) </div></div>

I am referring to the FFP model. If you do not believe me, strap one on a 50, and when you get back from the ER, post some pics.