• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 3.5-18x50 little cylinder off erector housing?

maladat

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
TX
Hello all!

I searched around for a while and was not able to find an answer, probably due to my not knowing what the thing is in the first place.
smile.gif

I received my IOR 3.5-18x50 from Scott at Liberty Optics today and I am very impressed. The scope is solid, the huge turrets have good adjustments, I like the reticle and the illumination (especially that it is auto-off - I keep having to change batteries in the other illuminated scopes I have). I didn't have time for a lot of evaluation but the optical quality looks great as well. It is going on an AR-15 for now in a LaRue SPR-S but will move to a bolt gun eventually.

My only question is, what the hell is the little cylinder that sticks off at an angle from the bottom of the erector housing? It looks like it is about 1/2" in diameter and sticks out 1/2" at a 45 degree angle from the bottom edge of the erector housing on the left side.

Thanks!

Re: IOR 3.5-18x50 little cylinder off erector housing?

Cool, thanks. It's not in the way or anything, I was just curious.

How is doing your new scope?? She's doing well, no problems? What is your opinion so far?

Thank you

Playing with it at home the scope really looks great. I haven't had a chance to go shooting with it yet.

We wait some first impressions after you shoot whit it.

Thank you