• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 6-24x56 questions

Sidk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2009
Vegas
Looking at buying the IOR or maybe a Razor. On the IOR it says only 16m total range. Will that be enough to reach out and touch a target at say 1000y with a .243? I don't shoot anywhere near that now, but I hope to one day, and I've seen the buy once, cry once enough to know just step up and buy something good right off the bat(which I didn't do).

I understand the Razor's eye relief is similar to my Leupy's MK4 which I don't really care for(leupy for different rifle, and yes its a good one without problems) but has more adjustment.

I like the IOR reticle, Just wished it had more range. The price difference is less the $100 between the two with rings.

Last question, Will low rings fit? Stock unmodified R700 ADL. I read the sticky but I'm a rookie and don't understand the barrel contour terminology yet. When the barrels toast I will upgrade its size so that should be taken into consideration now so I don't keep spending money needlessly.

TIA

Re: IOR 6-24x56 questions

Sin, call Scott at Liberty Optics and he can answer your questions and if you choose hook you up with a great deal on one.

A 20-30 minute base will take care of the lack of adjustment on the IOR.I have the 6-24x56/30minute base.1000Y is no problem.It's only 7.5 mils with a 243.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sin, call Scott at Liberty Optics and he can answer your questions and if you choose hook you up with a great deal on one. </div></div>

Thanks Guns4570, Scott and I have been in contact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 20-30 minute base will take care of the lack of adjustment on the IOR.I have the 6-24x56/30minute base.1000Y is no problem.It's only 7.5 mils with a 243. </div></div>

Isn't kind of funny to stick a $2k scope on a $400 rifle. Until I get the build started up, at least 12 months away or more, all that I've found is one 2 piece 20moa by NF. I think I would be happy with 600y for a while as long as I can achieve it with this setup.

Will the low rings fit this stick and in the future when I get the build done? The reason I'm asking is Scott sells them with rings and I need to know before ordering from him.

Thanks guys.

Sin, Scott can advise as to what rings you need. You may want Seekins Base too as its about as good as it gets. Rings too are stellar for 2 piece rings....I have 3 pairs of Seekins rings.

The scope actually is a package deal with the rings, so I'm assuming they are IOR. I'll have Scott figure it out.

I bought a set of new IOR rings (in the package) and they are actually stamped TPS!

I had a new IOR 6-24x50 on my TRG-22. Ended up with LOW rings and 20 MOA base. Those rings were stamped with a V.

Well I find out soon enough. Scott and I got our wires crossed and I ended up buying the scope from SWFA. I ordered the low steel rings, so I hope they fit.