• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Customer Service experience

Jericho941

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Springfield, MO.
Several weeks ago I was mounting my $1850 IOR 6-24x56 ffp scope on my rifle, and due to a complete lapse in brain function, I tightened my rings to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">50" lbs</span></span> of torque. the thought finally occurred to me that I might be over tightening them when one of the ring screws broke. While at the range the next day, the rifle would not hold zero and the reticule appeared canted. So, I took it off the rifle, and sure enough all the way around tube where the rear ring had been, there was a nice noticeable crimp. To further worsen how I felt, IOR warranty specifically states that over-torquing the rings <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">voids</span></span> the warranty.

So, in desperation, I called the only person I could think of, the guy I had bought it through, Scott at Liberty Optics. I truthfully explained the entire problem to him, and he told me to send it to him right away; he would see what he could do.

Scott got in contact with the folks from IOR Valdada and explained the problem to them. They were kind enough to over look my stupidity and send me not only a <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">brand new scope</span></span>, but also a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">new set of rings</span></span> to go with it.

There has been some debate over the CS of IOR Valdada in the past, but there treatment of me in this situation, firmly solidified in me that they are a great company to go to.

I would also like to highly recommended Scott at Liberty Optics. You will hear nothing negative about him. He is the new standard for customer service in my mind, and takes care of his customers even after they have made their purchase.

I am not affiliated with either party except as a very satisfied customer.

Thanks,

Jericho

Re: IOR Customer Service experience

That's good to hear that they took care of you even though it was, well, kind of your fault. 50lbs hahahahaha what were you afraid it would get up and run away?

Good to hear. I have no experience with Scott but the dealings I've had with the guys at Valdada has been positive.

Me too, I bought a base from them that was off just a fraction of an inch in where the radius for the portion of the remington reciever should start in front of the ejection port.

Unfortunately that fraction of an inch meant the whole thing wouldn't seat properly, let alone be snug.

They replaced it and total round trip time was less than week ... INCLUDING ship time both ways!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J3RICHO941</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Several weeks ago I was mounting my $1850 IOR 6-24x56 ffp scope on my rifle, and due to a complete lapse in brain function, I tightened my rings to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">50" lbs</span></span> of torque. the thought finally occurred to me that I might be over tightening them when one of the ring screws broke. While at the range the next day, the rifle would not hold zero and the reticule appeared canted. So, I took it off the rifle, and sure enough all the way around tube where the rear ring had been, there was a nice noticeable crimp. To further worsen how I felt, IOR warranty specifically states that over-torquing the rings <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">voids</span></span> the warranty.

So, in desperation, I called the only person I could think of, the guy I had bought it through, Scott at Liberty Optics. I truthfully explained the entire problem to him, and he told me to send it to him right away; he would see what he could do.

Scott got in contact with the folks from IOR Valdada and explained the problem to them. They were kind enough to over look my stupidity and send me not only a <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">brand new scope</span></span>, but also a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">new set of rings</span></span> to go with it.

There has been some debate over the CS of IOR Valdada in the past, but there treatment of me in this situation, firmly solidified in me that they are a great company to go to.

I would also like to highly recommended Scott at Liberty Optics. You will hear nothing negative about him. He is the new standard for customer service in my mind, and takes care of his customers even after they have made their purchase.

I am not affiliated with either party except as a very satisfied customer.

Thanks,

Jericho </div></div>

Amazing!

I'm glad I bought my IOR from Scott at LO!

IOR is great to deal with. I purchased a scope from them last year.

John

YES! I bought a used rifle from this forum and it came an IOR 16x42 scope. After a few trips to the range, I realized the rear lens adjustment (not sure of the specific name) was turning on its own after a few shots, it was too loose. I called IOR last week. I explained the problem in full, told the rep it was used, no papers or box. He said "ok, send it in, we'll take care of it. By the way, you should send it in three weeks because we don't have any 16x42 in stock and if we have to send you a new one, I don't want you to wait three weeks"...!!!

Can you believe these guys??? Unbelievable! I'm not done with this process yet, but I'm really impressed thus far. I had plans for a 6-24 IOR but was hesitant because of the limited 60MOA of travel. I will be buying from IOR again out of loyalty! (Not to mention it's enough travel on my 338LM to take me out to magic one mile mark
smile.gif
. Jokes aside, I really like how they handled the matter. They absolutely stand by their products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J3RICHO941</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any one else have good dealings with IOR? </div></div>

Thanks for your post, I have been looking at the
3-18X50 FFP and to be honest I was worried about
IORs CS. I had read some costumer issues 8 or 9
Years ago and that has stuck with me until now.
After reading this and talking with Scott I think
I want to try one out.

I'm extremely happy with IOR aswell. They were more than happy to exchange my med. height 35mm rings when I puchased my scope and realized I has room to use lower rings.

I bought multiple IORs from Scott and all have been great. I will keep buying them.

I haven't gone through Scott for anything, but I did pick up an IOR Valdada after SHOT this year. I am amazed at the quality. I got the 4-28x 56mm (40mm tube) MX-7 and love it. The 40mm tube is BIG, like the size of a child's arm big, but well built and a beast!

A couple years ago one of my 3-18 x 42 FFPs (a first generation version) went bad 20-something rounds into its life on the very first outing of my new AR-10 on a Saturday morning. Talk about a good way to piss you off for the entire weekend...

I called Scott @ Liberty and told him the situation, he coordinated with Valdada. Shipped the scope back to Valdada on Monday morning and had a brand new one (3rd generation, latest at the time) in my hands on Thursday afternoon.

I now have 1 first generation, 1 second generation, and 1 third generation 3-18 x 42FFP... I'm still worried when they're going to fail on me but when they do I'm confident they'll be swapped for Gen 4's with zero hassles.

It would be nice if I could send all of them back for a preemptive upgrade to Gen 4 internals prior to them breaking at what will probably be the worst possible time. Better yet they could allow me to pay the difference and upgrade to the new 3-18 x 50 FFP (I'll keep dreaming on that one.)
whistle.gif

Hey folks, as an IOR dealer I would highly recommend if you have any problems with IOR to contact Val with IOR directly. He has been very quick to respond and very good to work with.

Their number is (303) 979-4578. You can also reach him at [email protected]

Nice to see good feedback on IOR's and Scott. I am on the fence with my next optic purchase. Leaning towards that new 3-18x50...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 50lbs hahahahaha what were you afraid it would get up and run away? </div></div>

OK, I admit I laughed out loud at this.

Jericho,

Thanks for the kind thread. I'm glad we got it all worked out to your satisfaction. That's what it's all about

Scott

IOR Customer Service experience

I just traded my brand new 6.5-20x50 Mark4 + cash for a IOR 9-36x56 35mm tube at the Reno show with an IOR factory rep, Mark Della, great guy, good wheeler dealer. This scope rocks, so clear and bright at all focal lengths, lit reticle has external adjustment for brightness and on/off. In speaking with him about their CS and customer support, he seems to have drank the company cool aid, he says they will, in most cases, do whatever it takes to get / keep customers, I think they're a rising star! I also checked out their 80x IOR Valdata Spotter, it is scary good. From what I can gather from other friends/shooters, they're glass and quality is second to none!

I have the 9-36 x 56 too. Been shooting it for over a year now alongside a PM2 5-25 X 56 P4F.

The MP8 ret in the IOR is better and glass clarity/lowlight performance certainly equal.

The IOR tracks and returns without any issues at all. Any questions I have raised with factory including conversion to get the tube to parrallaz down under 30yds have been answered with 48hrs.

Next scope? It will be an IOR.

No experience with IOR, but I've bought from Scott a few times and he is a pleasure to deal with. I wish there were more like him.