• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR fixed 10x?

Josh-L

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2005
Red Dirt, OK USA
For those that have them what are your thoughts? I am looking for a fixed 10x scope and this one is the only one I've found that I really like but I have no experience with the IOR brand. I also can't find this model with mil knobs. Does anyone know if that's an option? Are there any other good quality fixed 10x in the $600 to $800 range? I'd like a USO ST10 but they are a little higher then what I want to spend.

Re: IOR fixed 10x?

I have used the 10x and 16x, VERY solid scopes, great turrets that track well, although I don't believe they have updated the 10-16x and offered them with mil knobs.

My biggest complaint, although the optics are very crisp, the glass has a slight yellow tint.

Kirk R

I agree I shot the 16x for some time and loved it. I would recomend it , the only draw back is they are a little heavy.

Josh,

You might want to check out Sightron. They offer a fixed 10x42 in their SIII line, with a modified mil dot (1/2 mil hash marks) and exposed turrets. Offers 150 minutes of travel, with a rear parallax adjustment and 1/4" clicks. Now, I know they don't offer mil turrets, but you can't go wrong for around $500. I own several SIII's, and I can tell you the glass will be fantastic.

http://www.sightron.com/index.php?action=view_document&did=1201816362&cat_id=6&id=151

I have 3 10 x 56 IORs one sits on a 50BMG, they track great, they have excellent glass, the MP8 reticle is excellent IMHO......

I have never understood why they aren't more popular, I assume it's because everyone is going over to mil and it's 1/4 MOA.

I've never had any issues with any of mine.

Yeah I really want it to be MIL/MIL so this 1/4 moa thing is killing me. I love this MP8 reticle though.

I have the IOR 10X42, Great Glass I use it at ranges from anywhere from 300-1000 yds. Plenty of Adjustment 100 MOA. Weight is about the same for a tactical 10X42, plus it uses a steel housing which is stronger than 6061 T6. Shooting at 1000 yds becomes a little difficult because the MP8 reticle is a little thick the mp-8 dot or the new BR reticle would be the solution. I don't mind the moa knobs with the mil reticle. I also have the SIII 10X40 it is also great glass not as sharp as the IOR though but has a ton of more adjustment 150 MOA which I believe is one of the highest out of any scope out there. I do not like the rear parallax of the SIII it goes from 10 to 500 and requires a lot of movement, I also do not like the 3 small set screws. The turrets are firmer than any of the SIII line.