• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR glass

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas
how does the IOR line of scopes compare to the Nightforce,USO and other higher end scopes? I am finally ready to purchase a higher quality and higher magnification scope than what I currently have. My best scopes now are a Mk4 3.5-10 and a SS3-9. I am looking at the IOR SH edition 3-18. I have no idea about high quality optics, but it needs to be MIL/MIL and FFP.

Re: IOR glass

The IOR glass is great I would say a little better than the Nightforce. Nightforce have a better track recorder of being reliable.

We sale IOR, USO, and Nightforce.

Mike @ CST

I have an older 6x42 1" tube MP-8 Reticle not much travel in elevation but okay for mid range, kind of funky to loosen two screws to adjust knobs to zero, but glass is very good.

Badshooter I have a NF 5.5-22x56 which I absolutely love . I recently received a IOR 6-24x50 SFP and though not the same scope your looking at from IOR I can tell you that the glass is better. Infact the whole scope has me incredibly impressed (the turrets and reticle also seem unbeatable) though I have not yet mounted it and put it through its motions. I am still waiting on the LR308 for this scope but initially I have become an instant fan. Lets hope it continues to impress once mounted and tested.

I have 3 IOR, for the last couple of years, the glas is great, and they all track perfectly, they make my super sniper, sightron and leupold look like crap. Will buy another soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they make my super sniper, sightron and leupold look like crap.</div></div>
Of course we all have our own opinions. Mine is that IOR glass is good, but in roughly the same class as the new SS 3x9, Sightron S3, maybe a touch better than Leupold V3.

The IOR I ran for a while was everything that it was advertised to be. I had the 2.5-10x42 FFP model. Good scope. Glass was very clear, probably a little better than my NF. Buy from a reputable dealer that will stand behind the product and you should be GTG.

I have two IOR sights and the glass is the clearest on them compared to any of the other half dozen scopes I own