• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR knob question???

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
Could you put IOR mil knobs on one of the moa adjusted IORs??? The only one that I have found with mil adjustments in the SH Edition and wanted to know if I could maybe get a 6-24 or 9-36 and send it to IOR or maybe even Liberty Optics to change out the knobs or something. Thanks alot.

Jeremy

Re: IOR knob question???

no you can not!

reason being MOA and MIL are two different measurements! You would have to change then entire inner workings of the scope, you can not just change the knobs. I believe at 100 yards .1 Mil is closer to 3/8th of an inch vs 1/8th, 1/4th or 1/2 MOA adjustments!

Yeah, jv101 is right. I had the same question a little while back. The knobs for moa and mils are threaded differently for the different measurements so you would have to do a complete overhaul of the scope to change the threads. If you really wanted to you could have it done, but it isn't cost effective.

Sorry, but it is what it is.

its cool, i had the same question a while back too!

ended up going with the SH 3-18x42 FFP mil adjustment scope! and I LOVE IT!!