• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR scope owners? Please chime in.

eodusa

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2008
Any honest reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owned a couple of the 3.5-18 and still have one. I've had good luck with mine and think they're decent scopes. I wouldn't buy a new one though, not for what they're charging now a days. Lots of people trash IOR mostly cause they've had a rough history with CS and reliability issues in their older Gen scopes. I myself haven't experienced any of those issues fortunately but with that said, if I was shopping for another scope right now, I wouldn't be looking at IOR. I just prefer the features in some of the other brands... NF, Vortex, Kahles, Bushnell, Minox, Athlon, etc... Proceed with caution if you do go the IOR route, and don't expect a lot of praise for them here on the Hide.

I have two, the 3.5-18 and the 12-52. I've owed the 3.5-18 for around 7-8 years, it's been trouble free. It sets on a custom 308. I've owed the 12-52 for around 4-5 years, it's been trouble free as well. it sits on a custom 6.5 CM. people on this site have been telling me for years how they don't hold up to recoil and various other defects, I have been waiting all these years for something to go wrong with mine, but when I take them out to shoot I get the same results time after time, which is just the ringing of steel coming from down range. I can hook you up with a guy over here that sells them, or I can hook you up with a guy over seas that can sell you one for around $1000 less than you can get one over here for. Only certain models though. Just let me know

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone have information on the IOR 6-24x56 MOA? Long story short: I bought a custom rifle from a guy selling his custom gun collection, and the IOR came with the rifle. Everything seems to work and the glass seems pretty decent, but I can't find hardly any information on them. I would prefer to replace it with a K624i or a Razor Gen II, but I'd like to know if it's worth keeping around.

Thanks,
Dave

IORs are typically very good optically. If I were you, I'd do a tall target test to check the turrets accuracy and return to zero capability. If turrets checked out and mounting position on rifle is comfortable for you, I see no reason to avoid using it.

I wouldn't buy a modern scope, that wasn't built with a one piece tube. Maybe if it was for a vintage soviet sniper rifle, I might think about it, but for actual use; there is no reason a modern scope should not be made with a 1 piece tube. IOR is overpriced crap with schott glass.

I will admit it, in 2016 one IOR Scope made it through an entire 3 day precision rifle class I taught, I was impressed as it was the first in the last 5 years to do so.

Usually the IOR owners are packing up by 10AM on day 2 having realized their scope is not tracking anymore.

I get it though, you have blog posts that claim an IOR scope is a Top 5 contender while stating with a straight face the S&B is a only a 22x, and not a 27x, so it's easy to get confused.

I own one 3.5-18x50 and it "just survived" its second military sniper competition in Czech republic and Polish comp that caused quite a few bumps during the night hike through the woods. That being said that does not mean yours will :) or that yours will work (and mine still has fucking hair (romanian virgin pubic hair i was told helps with narrowing groups i was told) in it and cross moves when i twist mag ring - but thats cosmetics as it holds zero and clicks are true). If you already have it simply check it out if it works and use it as resale value is low unless you get very very lucky. This year we were also shooting at night under flares and i was unable to discern relatively huge numbers @200m while others with Kahles, Razor, S&B, Minox, did it quite easily (i still need to verify whether its me and my eyes that are fucked but i know for a fact that older 6-24x50 is complete garbage in lowlight pun intended :) conditions). Also two piece design thingy can be rather unfortunate if you're strong boned and clumsy as another user on this forum found out when he put his bones on his scope (4-28 recon) at last years Finnsniper and it released it "soul" to the maker and started fogging up. For anyone considering buying at full value these scopes i would strongly advise to look elsewhere. If you manage to get 4-28 or new 3-25 around 2,5kUSD or lower go for it but at 3k or over its simply too much of a risk. There are ton of other options that are better and have lightyears better customer service if i was in US i'd buy Vortex and forget about anything else.

Thanks for the info guys, I saw a lot of Lowlight's posts about IOR's on Scout, so I wasn't counting on it being anything great. I didn't pay any additional money over the value of the gun for the scope to come with it, so I won't be at any loss if I unload it. I definitely will look to swap it out here soon with something better!

Thanks,
Dave

I will admit it, in 2016 one IOR Scope made it through an entire 3 day precision rifle class I taught, I was impressed as it was the first in the last 5 years to do so.

Usually the IOR owners are packing up by 10AM on day 2 having realized their scope is not tracking anymore.

I get it though, you have blog posts that claim an IOR scope is a Top 5 contender while stating with a straight face the S&B is a only a 22x, and not a 27x, so it's easy to get confused.

Lowlight, I am beginning to think you are not terribly impressed with the "data driven approach" and all...

ILya