• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR scopes?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
What's the general consensus on IOR optics? I've looked at ordering a couple over the years, but I've always read that warranties can be hit or miss. The one I'm looking at is a 4-14x50, with the side focus and illuminated MP-8 reticle. I've always heard that the glass on these scopes is superb, but how repeatable is the tracking? Plan is to use it on an 18" AR build for 6-800 yards, is there a better option right now at $650-700? Scope is likely around 5-6 yrs old....

I've searched before, seems like reviews are all over the place.

Dont listen to these fools.

That kraut has never done anything but eat Cheetos, jerk off, and play video games.
And make up lies about some stripper.

he knows nothing of good glass (its Schott!!!).

Phillip and T-rex will be along to tell you how perfect theirs are too......

spend wisely..... that means not an IOR.
I had 2. Had being important the word.

I had rhe terminator and the fixe4x one, name escapes me. Both worked like they’re supposed to. Glass was on par with Steiner, however one time I spent too much time under the vegas sun I guess and the next day found a spec of grease on the ocular lens. Val said if the scope temperature gets to 140 degrees the turret grease can evaporate and later claim a new home inside the scope when it cools down. Mine was on the ocular lens.
See upper left quadrant in the picture.

Attachments

• 0DA76A56-BBCF-48C0-B302-49E076FCA5E0.jpeg
    0DA76A56-BBCF-48C0-B302-49E076FCA5E0.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 58