• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Valada

Re: IOR Vadalia

Vadalia???? sounds kinda like sum delicious onions
grin.gif

For the $$$ I would look at Sightron SIII's Oh yeah for $950 I'd go the sightron route anyday. Save the $$$ get glass almost as good(really close) and get some flexibility and use the saved $$$ for some ammo. But yeah IOR does have good glass no doubt about it.

http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html
(look under IOR 30mm, much cheaper and scott's customer service is great)

I don't have experience with this scope,
I had a 4-14 and a 3-18... great reticle, no problems with either scope.... sure you want a fixed 16 power, and not a variable?

EDIT: I type too slow....
grin.gif

+1
Buy it from Scott...only way to go!
I love my 3x18 IOR I got from Liberty Optics!

By the way, It's VALDADA

Yessir, In case ya'll didn't know, Scott's good, Very good
grin.gif

Only guy I buy optics from. And trust me, I'm tryin to buy all I can while I am still unmarried
shocked.gif

If you like 16X (I run two) the 16X42 MP8 is one of the solidest IOR's I know of! The glass is incredible on IORs, and their fixed power scopes are tough as nails.
Unless my heart was set on a variable, for the money I'd go with the IOR (esp at the price Scott can hook you up for!).

I really like my IOR SH ed. I have never had a problem with it. Very clear glass. And I love the mp-8. Probably my favorite reticle.

Trying to decide between the fixed 16 or the 3-18x42 35mm SF first focal plane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to decide between the fixed 16 or the 3-18x42 35mm SF first focal plane. </div></div>

FWIW I've never heard complaints with the fixed power scopes not so with the variables.

Where'd your USO go Brad?

If the 3-18 FFP comes with warranty I'd go that route (I think Vall still has some in reserve in case you get a bad one).

Keith has it on an SPS, A5 combo in .243 and hasn't been able to get the smile off his face.

I'm selling my new GAP and USO, buying the IOR, and a well used, but good shooting 7mag from a friend for $325. That way I can shoot my 162 amax's from the mag. Couldn't do it with the new 7WSM without spending more on a DBM and I can rebarrel the 7 mag in school by next year.

I'm going to buy lots of tools.

I don't have that particular model, but I do have an IOR with that reticle that I am really enjoying. I also purchased through Scott. I haven't found any one that beats his prices and his customer service is second to none.

I have owned three IOR's, problems with two leading to a 0 points scored in a match, the next week I sold all three of them. I will never own another.

I think I'll really like the MP-8 dot.

I've got the 4.5x14x50 MP8 reticle is awesome, variable power is the way to go. Great scope, 1/4moa knobs w/caps, side parelax adjustment. Wish i had another for my PSS.

Not the power/application you are looking for but I have the IOR 1,5-8x36 mounted on my AR and I love it. The glass is so clear edge-to-edge you have to see it to believe it. The CQB reticule is perfect as a red-dot scope plus the horseshoe and stadia lines work very well for middle-distance targets. IOR scopes are a very good value and should be a serious contender for your money in the mid-priced scope market. Liberty Optics is your best choice for IOR.

I have one of the 16x fixed IOR's and I like it a great deal. I also have the 3-18 SFP and it too is good but I like the ruggedness of the fixed unit with steel tube.

An old rule of the Zen of Rifle Scopes says: Don't buy a scope if you can't handle its name spelling.

Sorry, but after two failed attempts to correctly spell Valdada, I had to say it
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911.it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^ And your point is? </div></div>

I'd imagine he's trying to offer it for sale without actually doing so, so he doesn't go to "banned camp".....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An old rule of the Zen of Rifle Scopes says: Don't buy a scope if you can't handle its name spelling.

Sorry, but after two failed attempts to correctly spell Valdada, I had to say it
grin.gif

</div></div>

-ahh, but Valdada's just the distributor, Brad got the IOR part right!