• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Valdada anyone use them?

Tomg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2011
Santa Fe, NM
I thinking about buying one, the 6.5x24x56 tactical scopes and looked around here to see if anyone is using these and cant seem to find to much info on them. they are fairly pricey so I wanted to get some feedback from users that have them.

Thanks
Tom

Re: IOR Valdada anyone use them?

i just sold the 2-12 spartan.
its heavy, and it tunnells at the bottom end of the magnification range.
glass is very good
adjustments were ok, but could have been firmer

Feature rich,great glass,the only shortcoming for me was the 16 mils total elevation travel. If primarily shooting from 1200y and in and use a angled base it's fine.

I use them extensively, the glass is good.

Try find a used one in the optics for sale section. They do not seem to hold their resale value as good as Nightforce

I have had 7 different IORs over the last 5 yaers. 4 of them with 3-18x42s. 3 of those had to go back as I kept having problems. When I got the 4th one, it was working fine but I ended up selling it as I had lost faith in them.

I have a 6-24x50 and a 2.5-10x42. Both of those worked fine. Ultimately I sold both of those because I did not like the knobs. But they have come a log ways since then.

I still have a 4x IOR tactical version. I really really like it. It has been on a AR for over 12000 rounds and it just always works.

I always liked IOR glass, but they seemed to have to many quality control problems.

I now run a SS 5-20x50. Better scope IMO.

I have a 3-18x42 model on a 308 AR and a couple 2.5-10 FFP models on other rifles they are great scopes. Whatever you choose get it from Libertyoptics.

And yes the super sniper 5-20 if you can find one or the bushnell 3-21 GAP reticule should also be on your list. Check them out.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm having Pheonix Customs build me a 6.5 Creedmoor on a AICS AX chassis so I"m trying to pick out the optics for it. would love to go with US optics SN3 just a little out of the price point. I want stay under 2k, SWFA has the IOR 6.5-24x56 for $1,795.00 which seem like a fair deal. It would be nice to see thru one first hand.

Again thanks for the feedback this helps!

Tom

Tomg, I owned many scopes and inlcuding IORs. I currently own two of them. My favorite to date is the 3.5-18x50 with digital controlled illumination. That scope is just the bomb. Look around but if you want a good scope and under 2k thats a great one to consider. I am hoping the SS 5-20 is good too, I am still waiting on my two but maybe here in a few weeks. The current generation of the SH IOR 3-18 is a great scope too all around use.

Great scopes but as mentioned they have QC issues (which might be a non issue for US market) as i got dirty one (specs inside) and send it back and got it back and after a few sessions dirt again (it looks like short hair - don't ask don't tell... and some misc dirt but as it's visible only at 3.5x i've decided i wont bother sending it back - maybe later when(if) more dirt shows up. (mine is 3.5-18x50)

Yes .. I like IOR .. QC issues have improved greatly over the last couple of years! Would have to pry my 3.5-18x50 out of my cold dead hand!

Have a 3.5-18x50. Im my opionion this is by far their best scope. Its easy to get behind, has better glass than the 3 5-22 NFs I have had beside it, and the reticle is very nice. The floating dot is awsome. I treat mine like a 4-16 scope though. I find that the reticle get to thick for tactical shooting over 16 and below 4 tunnle vision starts. 18 power is nice for spotting or load development though. Iam glad the extra power is there.

Only thing lacking is the finish. It scatches easily compared to most other scopes.

I had it on an FNAR for around 1000 shots. Just moved it to a Sako TRG 42 in .338lapua with muzzle break. It has been on there for 25 shots. I have had zero problems with it. Tracks great and the 10 mils per ver is awsome.

i have a 6-24x50 and i love it , glass is def great and i love the turrets and the ruggedness of the scope. for the price point i dont think you are going to find a better deal exp if you find a used one in good shap and save some coin, as for the ss and the vortex they just dont compare to the ior.

I was also considering the Vortex 5-20 HD I've heard allot of good things about that unit. it would just go over the 2K limit with the rings.

I have a 6-24 x 50,

Glass is very good, best scope I have personally shot through

It tunnels from 8 to 6 power, I dont like that but considering the rest of the scope I can live with it.

The reticle is very easy to shoot with.

Knobs are setup well IMO. They top knob gets me 24MOA in one turn.

I have had no issues with reliability thus far, I hav emine on a heavy 243, I dial up whatever I want, shoot, then dial back, hasnt missed going back to zero yet.

I feel it was worth the money I paid for it>

I have a 3.5-18 x50 and have a love hate relationship with it. The glass is extraordinary, the the MP-8 reticle is by far my favorite. Why other manufacturers don't use a center dot in their reticles is beyond me. The digital illumination is also top notch. I do not particularly love the turret feel. They need more resistance and a better tactile click. It is also a bit heavy and needs just a little more elevation.

I have used a couple of IORs and my favorite hands down is the 3.5-18x50. The feel of the knobs could be better and the ret could be finer at 18 mag....but its a great scope. I have mine on a lmt 308 ar.

I have a 3-18x42 FFP and it has been a good scope. Excellent glass. I prefer my USO's and we'll see how my new SS 5-20 does but I have not been disappointed with the one IOR I own. For a little over $1100-1200 that the SS is going for on the FS page my early opinion is it is hard to beat in that price range or even several hundred more. I really like the MP-8 as others stated.

I have the 3-18 X42, this is my second one...the first was from the 1st. generation which was replaced immediately when it went down by Scott at Liberty Optics (awesome service). This is my go to scope, shot it in many comps with no complaints. I like everything about this scope except that it did not have an illumination option, however they have fixed that in the 3.5-18X50. I would not hesitate to buy another. I guess because my partiality towards my old coveted beat up IOR, in my opinion I like it better than than the new SWFA SS scope...I have two.

Chance

Thanks for all the info it sounds like the IOR's are good units. I will most likely end up with one.

I have had 3 units and thy have all held up and worked well. I don't get to beat my gear to hell in the field anymore, some can't attest to any Gorilla handling, but for my range and hunting needs they work. Great glass, repeatable adjustments and a decent price. They arent light, but I havent felt like they were like carrying bricks around or anything. Currently running a 2.5-10 on my SPR clone and it's been great. My only regret is that I bought the covered knob unit instead of holding off for a few weeks to get the exposed turret design. Other than that I'll probably keep using them, especially if the 1-10 pans out.