• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Valdada questions

jaydoski

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2012
california
So I'm looking at some IOR scopes and was curious to see if anybody knew the differences between the 3.5x-18x and the 3-18x SH edition besides the 50mm objective. Does the mp8 reticle on the 3.5x version come fully illuminated or is it just the center?

Re: IOR Valdada questions

The 3.5x version has a different tube design for digital (push button) illumination.

I think the whole reticle lights up but I'm not too sure. Contact Scott at Liberty Optics he is VERY helpful and will no doubt take care of you.

3.5-18x42 illuminates the center dot only. I have one mounted to an ar-10 and it works well. You will want the 3.5-18x50 for a bolt action rifle. Contact Scott at Liberty Optics, or visit his web site for more info.

Seriously looking at these at well, will be following this thread..

I really like my 3-18x42 so far it is sitting on a .308 bolt gun so hopefully recoil won't be an issue as that is the only problem that I have heard of with the newer ones.
JH

The 3.5-18X50 is an awesome scope and it allows for better mounting on bolt guns due to more real estate between the turrets and and lenses than the other model. The entire reticle is illuminated and Scott at Liberty Optics is great to work with.