• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

iPhone ballistic solver

Grin3216

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2013
Took me a while to find but I found what I think is the best app for iPhone. It is called Strelok Pro. It has a truing option and you can change to the metric system if needed. This is the closest thing I could find to Atragg on the iPhone.

Ballistic AE, IMO. Has all the basic stuff like truing and the ability to use mils or MOA, as well as fun stuff like stability, complex wind scenarios, BC library (including Litz), auto-environmental (via bluetooth to Kestrel or internet), and pretty much everything you would ever need.

I have ballistic ae. It doesn't have truing, and it is only in yards. It also costs 17.99. I have used the best system Atragg in sniper school and the Strelok app is the best bang for your buck

I have ballistic ae. It doesn't have truing, and it is only in yards. It also costs 17.99. I have used the best system Atragg in sniper school and the Strelok app is the best bang for your buck

This is wrong, Ballistics has everything the others have, aside from truing, (which you can do on your own anyway) you have to go into your General Settings and then down at the bottom is a control panel for Ballistics AE where you can change the units of measurement, from raw atmospheric to DA, etc... it's in there.

To true a piece of software it is pretty easy, you just have to shoot your rifle and then adjust it to match actual data.

This is wrong, Ballistics has everything the others have, aside from truing, (which you can do on your own anyway) you have to go into your General Settings and then down at the bottom is a control panel for Ballistics AE where you can change the units of measurement, from raw atmospheric to DA, etc... it's in there.

To true a piece of software it is pretty easy, you just have to shoot your rifle and then adjust it to match actual data.

Click the little arrow next to your muzzle velocity, then click "Correct Velocity". Like you said, it's really not needed, but it does, in fact, have it. As to the OP, of course you can change your data to meters. The extra $10 is worth it for the BC library alone, if you ask me.

Again I have searched through ALL OF THE SETTINGS on this 18 dollar app and have not found where to change it to meters. I have found where to change it from MOA to MILS etc..And again on the Strelok app for 7.99 all I have to do is swipe one place to change units, and all I have to do is put in my hold at whatever range I shot and it calculates my MV for me, WAY MORE PROFICIENT, and for 10 dollars less. Again, bang for your buck.

Again I have searched through ALL OF THE SETTINGS on this 18 dollar app and have not found where to change it to meters. I have found where to change it from MOA to MILS etc..And again on the Strelok app for 7.99 all I have to do is swipe one place to change units, and all I have to do is put in my hold at whatever range I shot and it calculates my MV for me, WAY MORE PROFICIENT, and for 10 dollars less. Again, bang for your buck.

You change to meters from the iPhone settings, not inside the app. Kind of wonky, I'll be the first to admit, but really, how often do you change your units of measurement? Also, you seem to be dead set on Strelok, so I won't waste any more breath (or data packets) to convince you otherwise. All that matters in the end is hits on target. If Strelok does that for you, who am I to say it doesn't work?

Ok look guys I didn't even intend for this to be a debated post. I have no stock in any app so I care less which one anyone prefers. I simply want anyone who may have used a simple system like Atragg to have a simple app for a little amount of money that will do the most for you. Like i said in the beginning I HAVE BOTH APPS, so I am not speaking out of my ass from just one side of view.

Ok look guys I didn't even intend for this to be a debated post. I have no stock in any app so I care less which one anyone prefers. I simply want anyone who may have used a simple system like Atragg to have a simple app for a little amount of money that will do the most for you. Like i said in the beginning I HAVE BOTH APPS, so I am not speaking out of my ass from just one side of view.

But you were wrong... so isn't sort of like speaking out of your ass ?

It does have different units in the General Settings, and according to the update has Corrected MV so it can be trued.

You're stated goal aside, you were passing bad information and were simply corrected on it