• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iphone GPS for Distances

Re: Iphone GPS for Distances

TacNav is a handy app that is pretty reliable, or at least has been for me (when I get signal)

I use distance measure app for ranging and it's right on the money.

i use this, its simple and free

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gps-info!/id333178016?mt=8

to reset the "trip", kill the app and restart it..

I have used the yardage finder in that worthless iDataBook app, and verified it with a laser rangefinder. It was on every time. I hear the app is free now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oakland Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything for android? I would like something that works fairly well. New to the system.</div></div>

Just did a quick search and there appears to be an app called "Distance and area measurement". Looks like it should give you what you want as long as you can walk straight to the target.

There is another application called "Manggis - Distance Measure" that looks to be able to do even better. Use the "Calculate distance between two locations/coordinates using GPS/Network" mode.

commander compass is the shit. very accurate, and you can save a lot of locations. easy to add locations and share via SMS etc. The lite version does all you need.

and its tactical, hehe
wink.gif

i use an app called "Distance Map". Gives line of sight measurements in yards, meters, whatever. You do need a signal ie; bars, for it to operate as it uses google earth. Very accurate.