• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

iPod ballistic programs that work with Kestrel

chittnp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Olympia, WA
Do any of the Ballistic programs for the iPod accept the Blue tooth input from a kestrel 4500 BT?

Trying to decide wether or not to resurrect my old HP IPAQ 2210 for use as a ballistic computer, or just get a program for the iPod, and I'd like to be able to use the BT functionality on the kestrel.

Thanks!

Re: iPod ballistic programs that work with Kestrel

Nope, there is currently no way for an iPod to communicate with a Kestrel. This is something a lot of us are patiently waiting for...

However, if you have an Android-powered device you're in luck as those can be setup to have a program such as Shooter grab info from a Bluetooth-equipped Kestrel.

Ahh. Come on apple. I guess I'll be patiently waiting as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost Bullet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check This Site Out !

http://www.isnipe.ca/index.html </div></div>

Are you saying that iSnipe for iOS will communicate directly with a Kestel?

I'm wondering the same thing as Petey... It's my understanding that the Bluetooth on Apple hand-held products (iPod and iPad) is currently locked to only receive export or import music or Apple specific datastreams.

Shooter is currently capable of linking with a Kestrel 4500NV but ONLY if the hosting device has the capability to do so (i.e. Shooter will link with my Kestrel on my Android phone because it has an open BT connection; whereas, Shooter will not link with the Kestrel on my iPod/Pad because the device will not link (not because the software will not link)).

Just another reason to join the Android darkside...lol. I have Shooter on my Android it works with the Kestrel pretty good except finding it in the options was a little hard from what I remember. Would a jail broken Iphone talk to the Kestrel if its just a software issue?

I am interested in this with my Iphone, but dont really know all the ins and outs of the JB process. If the ipone is jail broken will it communicate with a kestrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RogueHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flyboy I just jailbroke my wifes Ipod. It's freaking awesome! You can do so much with a JB ipod. Learn how to do an untethered jail break.

http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-ios-5.0...ow-to-tutorial/

http://www.jailbreakme.com/#moreinfo

I'm a ex hacker and I really do love the JB ipod

use Redsn0w
</div></div>
I've got the same question as WTW - does jailbreaking the iPod allow me to link the BT with a Kestrel?

Being that I don't own a Kestrel yet I don't know. I would think on the apple side I'd be willing to say yes. I've recently done some amazing things with the little ipod.

If you haven't JB anything you NEED to! It's worth it but make sure you do your home work and learn how everything works. Computers are just like rifles. if you can figure out how to shoot a rifle well or PMS one you damn sure are smart enough to figure tech stuff out.