• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IPRF Rimfire Worlds 2023 Gear stats

Mr.BR

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 5, 2017
    0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

Well I guess I’ma basic bitch shooting a CZ457 in an ACC off an AG bag with SK LRM. I’m not surprised that combo is popular, but I am surprised just how dominant the market share is.

I can easily see some overlap in the data though. Like the winning factory gun was an Annie in an ACC - which box should they check? stock, or ACC?

I’m surprised to see so many ZCO scopes and Spuhr mounts. Pricing must be more favorable in Europe? It’ll be interesting to see the shift when it comes to the US.

Well I guess I’ma basic bitch shooting a CZ457 in an ACC off an AG bag with SK LRM. I’m not surprised that combo is popular, but I am surprised just how dominant the market share is.

I can easily see some overlap in the data though. Like the winning factory gun was an Annie in an ACC - which box should they check? stock, or ACC?

I’m surprised to see so many ZCO scopes and Spuhr mounts. Pricing must be more favorable in Europe? It’ll be interesting to see the shift when it comes to the US.
    Most ZCOs were probably on US team rifles , if my memory serves me well.
    ZCO costs similar to Kahles ,Vortex or NF offerings here

Many of those CZ457 were running in Factory division, but otherwise, folks buy a 450$ Barreled action that also has 'match' chamber and then stick it on xy stock or cassis . Similar new Bergara Premier with stubby barreled action for about 1000$.
    Outside US and Canada teams , very few folks ran actions like Voodoo,RimX or Ultimatum Duce

I’m beginning to think that top tier optics are more important than most mid pack shooters understand. Seeing exactly where that bullet goes allows real time wind correction without a splash down range.

I’m beginning to think that top tier optics are more important than most mid pack shooters understand. Seeing exactly where that bullet goes allows real time wind correction without a splash down range.
    Yes that seems to be the case , and you see 1000$ barreled action , 4k scope + mount 1.5k chassis, 1k bipod no one ever used ( in the worlds you could use bipod on maybe 10 shots in total and i am being generous).
    Electronic levels were also extremely popular, due to the range being mostly across a 'ski slope' your natural horizont went out the widow, and level was extremely important .

I think most shooters understand that. It all depends how serious they are and if they are prepared to kick out $6K CA for a Tier 1 optic.

Actually for me it was just that Eley ammo was far easier to see in the sunshine than SK or the other black coloured ammo types. The majority of the targets were either suspended in the air so there was zero feedback or in front of grass and other stuff that didn't move much. So unless you could see the projectiles go downrange after you squeezed it off it was very difficult to get any indicators. There generally wasn't any backstops and if there were it was likely 25m + behind the target.

Attachments

• 370228074_315414298012308_8456944058300004007_n.jpg
      370228074_315414298012308_8456944058300004007_n.jpg
      91.4 KB · Views: 59
    • A7R08264.jpg
      A7R08264.jpg
      644.8 KB · Views: 58
    • A1107774.jpg
      A1107774.jpg
      332.5 KB · Views: 59
    I would bet the percentage of top ten shooter’s shoot Vudoo’s with either RWS or Eley in MPA or MDT chassis.
    CZ are the most common in Europe and the most affordable.
    At the end of the day it’s up to the shooter to make the shot.

Actually for me it was just that Eley ammo was far easier to see in the sunshine than SK or the other black coloured ammo types. The majority of the targets were either suspended in the air so there was zero feedback or in front of grass and other stuff that didn't move much. So unless you could see the projectiles go downrange after you squeezed it off it was very difficult to get any indicators. There generally wasn't any backstops and if there were it was likely 25m + behind the target.
    I’ve got a Gen 3 Razor to mount that I hope will make the Eley bullets even more visible to make wind adjustments. Seeing where they go is a game changer in gusty winds and field match conditions.

It'd be interesting to know the variety of trigger weights used. Pretty cool list though.

I’ve got a Gen 3 Razor to mount that I hope will make the Eley bullets even more visible to make wind adjustments. Seeing where they go is a game changer in gusty winds and field match conditions.
    Indeed Eley are far more visible than the rest that are painted black,only thing Eley is suffering some quality issues at present time and it seems that will remain so for the near future, rumors abound raw material supply issues are negatively impacting quality ........

I would bet the percentage of top ten shooter’s shoot Vudoo’s with either RWS or Eley in MPA or MDT chassis.
    CZ are the most common in Europe and the most affordable.
    At the end of the day it’s up to the shooter to make the shot.
    There was quite a mix at the top ten including stock barreled CZ and Anschutz ,even a Tikka , there was some Eley and RWS but Lapua/SK was an absolutely dominant choice.

I know the no 10 in Open used CZ457 bog stock barreled action in a South African Warrior Gen7 chassis i bought from him.

You often see 500$ barreled actions in 1500$ chassis(open , cheap plastic stock in Factory) and 3500$ scope on top. High end scopes were far more represented than high-end actions. Mindboggling density of ZCOs in top 20

Unless I missed something, there is no indication of what the winners and top finishers used. That is possibly more indicative of "best" than simply what was most used.

Reactions: LR1845
    Indeed Eley are far more visible than the rest that are painted black,only thing Eley is suffering some quality issues at present time and it seems that will remain so for the near future, rumors abound raw material supply issues are negatively impacting quality ........
    Nothing is painted black. Thats just the colour of the lead. For PRS style shooting there are no issues with Eley. BR maybe but that's a whole different ballgame.

Eley Tenex looks like a natural lead color, and SK or Lapua look colored near black will wipe off if you try

Eley edge vs Tenex definitely 'painted' bullet or wax coating,many manufacturers are also mostly running black vs natural look
    IMG_7652.jpg

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
    Unless I missed something, there is no indication of what the winners and top finishers used. That is possibly more indicative of "best" than simply what was most used.
    I was using a vudoo gen 1 with a kreiger 1-16t 23” barrel chambered by MCR. MPA BA comp chassis, TT diamond at 8oz with a tangent theta scope.

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpeg
      IMG_6086.jpeg
      679 KB · Views: 67