• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IR Flood Light Recommendation (automotive)

Awag1000

Interstellar Weapon Systems
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2020
Eastern South Carolina
Im looking for a set of IR flood light pods to replace the fog lights on my car. I wired up a switch a while back that will allow me to use just the fog lights in order to not wear out the headlight motors (old 80's Pop-up headlights). With the addition of a PVS-14 I want to be able to drive my car lights out, no real reason why...just because (not on the street cause thats illegal) I can make a frame to hold the pod. I found that a standard 3"x3" LED pod should fit nicely. any IR LED light bar or pod recommendations?

I've used these for years, at least 4. Driven with them a lot and surprised everyone with the quality of projection and beam.
Zero visible re:940nm, but due to watts they project far enough for highway speed.
Not cheap, but perfect.

I prefer quality, electronics seem to be cheap And generally junk these days re: chin trash or just slightly better.
I Have several sets of Rigid leds' and they have all been more than expected.

And they have a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Awag1000

I've used these for years.
Zero visible re:940nm, but due to watts they project far enough for highway speed.
Not cheap, but perfect.
these are exactly what I was looking for, Thank you!

Reactions: silentwoods
I did it on the uber cheap with a 70$ Cmvision IR 200 with a 20$ Amazon wiring harness and switch for my ATV.
Made a QD DC plug and mounted the IR on a arca plate. Bolted an arca receiver on the frame. Voilà.

Black oak led has some decent ones without paying rigid prices. I like rigid, i have them on my rig, but the money they want is insane. White light models are reasonable, but not ir.

black oak is $200 for 2 pods, rigid is like $550. I believe both have parts made overseas, but rigid is in arizona, prob assembled in usa only. Not 100% on that though

They also have light bars on sale right now. I have no clue how bright or good they are. Ill be ordering some soon though.

Last edited: