• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IR for use with PVS 30 on AR and Bolt gun forward (side) rail.

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Looking for some input on an IR device.

I have a ELIR-3, MAWL, DBAL PL.

I use my MAWL for several things including helping other identify target. (Helmet mounted with PVS14) I use it on occasion with my night rig, however it is mounted on the side rail/not the top. Works ok with IR, but not so great with parallel alignment for laser use as well. (Run out of adjustment)
    ***(Really enjoy the MAWL mounted on Raptor mount near optic turret on other bolt guns)

Pretty impressed with the DBAL PL on SP5, and 9mm handgun.

Wanting to utilize the ELIR-3 for other shooter's rig.

Curious how the Steiner SPIR would work on this rifle set up? Anyone have experience with one? Other suggestions?
    IMG_2862.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 4.21.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 4.21.26 PM.png

I knew there was info out on that within a few years but had trouble finding it.

Spir works great out to 300-350ish yards.

Edited with pics from my pvs30. First no illumination. Next using a dbal d2 which is the same illuminator, full size ipsc at 300 medium focus on the illuminator and pointer on.
    20201125_195119.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: GUNNER75
    Damn that might be the key to this rig of mine pictured above. Slap it on, IR out to 400 max. (most are 200 or less)

Get out the bolt rigs and Ring mounts with MAWL for spot on at distance.

Gonna just order one and give it a go. Gotta get some testing in this neck of the woods.