• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IR Laser Help

Midwest Optics

Owner Midwest Optics
Minuteman
May 2, 2019
US
midwestoptics.net
So now that you guys helped a noob out with his NV question I bought the pvs14 and im gonna try and score a team wendy bump helmet

But next id like some help on IR lasers, illuminors, lights, etc

I've been watching videos and reading forums and I still don't quite understand it all 100% and would like any advice or links to vids/forum posts i may have missed.

What all do I need to get?

I dont need the best of the best or top of the line setup as I'm not planning on operating. It will mainly be used in shtf scenario and the occasional fun night shoots

for weapon mounted civilian power, i went with the dbal d2 as the most budget friendly option without much if any compromise in performance.
it is bulky compared to other options, but the illuminator is very good and the d2 can be found on sale every so often for <$1200.
the mawl is popular if your budget is bigger.

the rich guys can tell you what the operators use.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliePete-
Surefire Vampire white/IR WML

Steiner/TNVC TOR IR laser.

Simple, cheap ($700), light, effective.

E0628452-DADE-4D14-9A62-7A32F272E9B2.jpeg

7E5E2E4D-0FA2-4781-88C2-16618192A37E.jpeg

Cheapest decent solution for those distances I’ve found is the streamlight vir with laser.

It doesn’t have white light but it’s a laser illum combo that you can get for under $300 used if you shop around. The laser is great for as far as you can see and the illum works for inside 150-200 yards.

Otherwise a setup like Horta mentioned works and isn’t too expensive.

Cheapest decent solution for those distances I’ve found is the streamlight vir with laser.

It doesn’t have white light but it’s a laser illum combo that you can get for under $300 used if you shop around. The laser is great for as far as you can see and the illum works for inside 150-200 yards.

Otherwise a setup like Horta mentioned works and isn’t too expensive.
I'll check those out. Any thoughts on the holosun ls321 or dbal i2?

I really like the holosun le221. I like it so much that even if I had access to full power personal purchases, I'd still own a high power le221.

Reactions: Midwest Optics
Edit: upon interweb reviews, i am not seeing it being very impressive. May e i should just stick to thermal.
How are the holosuns? Looking at their too tier model with white(600 lumen)light, ir light, green laser and ir laser and takes cr123a batteries. I hate cr2 and other odd ball batteries.

Last edited:
i wouldn't bother with any illum integrated civ unit because they're super weak
Yeah, realizing that now. Honestly i just need a laser, i like that the holosun adjusts the 2 lasers at the same time and take cr123a. I would like to see the laser out to 500 yards, although any shots would be at 300 max on coyotes.

There are a number of laser options available (of course being in stock is a different question at this crazy time). There are a few video reviews on youtube that you can look at to get a good idea.

I am planning to get a TOR and another illuminator for the .22 to do nuisance control around the farm buildings. I am debating on running one of my surfires or getting another luna.

if you're shooting under i2 head mounted nods, a 300m shot on a coyote would be kind of amazing, and 500 would just be fantastical, for your awareness.