• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IR Lasers & Laser/Illuminator Units

christian77

Sergeant
Minuteman
AN/PAQ4c
<span style="font-style: italic">Characteristics/Description: The AN/PAQ-4C is a lightweight, self-contained, Class 1 laser. It is used in conjunction with night vision devices to direct weapon fire at night. The PAQ-4C is being replaced by the AN/PEQ-2A.

Weapon Platforms: The AN/PAQ-4C attaches to the M16A2 service rifle.
Power Rqmts: 2 AA 1.5 VDC Alkaline or Lithium
Weight: 8 oz

This item is obsolete, it has been replaced by the AN/PEQ-2 which is also being replaced by the AN/PEQ-15 ATPAIL</span>
e0955.png

53848854.png

AN/PEQ2-A
<span style="font-style: italic">The AN/PEQ-2A is a Class 3b lightweight, self-contained, battery-powered infrared (IR) laser aiming light/ illuminator. When zeroed to the weapon and activated, the AN/PEQ-2A projects an IR dot that illuminates on the target and is visible only with image intensifying night vision devices. The Rail Grabber Mounting Bracket allows the Aiming Light to be attached to all weapon mounting rails as defined in the MIL-STD-1913. This device replaced the AN/PAC-4C. Capability will be replaced by AN/PEQ-15 & 16A in the Ground Combat Element.

The AN/PEQ-2A attaches to the upper receiver of the M16A4/M4/M249 and M240. The Bracket Adapter is compatible with the TPIAL and the mounting brackets used on the M2 and M19 Heavy Machine Guns.

This item is being replaced by the AN/PEQ-15 ATPIAL</span>
e1798.png

26324806.png

AN/PEQ15 - ATPIAL
<span style="font-style: italic">Characteristics/Description: The ATPIAL provides a highly collimated beam of infrared energy for weapon aiming and an adjustable focus infrared beam for target illumination. This Class 3b laser device also provides a highly collimated beam of visible energy for weapon aiming. The ATPIAL has low profile aiming and illumination boresight adjusters. This device is 50% smaller and lighter than the TPIAL. The system comes with a MIL-STD-1913 rail grabber interface using the integral rail grabber bracket. The ATPIAL is the successor to the AN/PEQ-2A.

Weapon Platforms: The ATPIAL has an Integral Rail Grabber Bracket that mounts to any weapon using the standard MIL-STD-1913 Rail, which includes the M4/M16-A4 rifles, M249, M240, M2, and Mk 19. The ATPIAL can also be used as a handheld illuminator/pointer.

The AN/PEQ-15 has replaced both the AN/PEQ-2 and the AN/PAQ-4C.</span>
toppicatpial.jpg

88685353.png

AN/PEQ16
<span style="font-style: italic">Characteristics/Description: This Class 3b laser device, the IPIM, provides a highly collimated beam of infrared energy for weapon aiming and an adjustable focus infrared beam for target illumination. The IPIM is designed to withstand the shock of heavy weapons. The White Light Illuminator provides target identification/illumination without night vision devices, and is greater than 60 lumens in the high power mode. The IPIM has low profile aiming and illumination boresight adjusters. This device can be used as a handheld illuminator/pointer or can be mounted to weapons with a MIL-STD-1913 Rail. Will soon be replaced by the AN/PEQ-16A Mini-IPIM (MIPIM).

Weapon Platforms: The IPIM has an Integral Rail Grabber Bracket that mounts to various weapons, including M16A4, M4/M4A1, M240B, M249, and M240G. The IPIM has an M240/M249 Adapter Bracket.</span>
aae.jpg

AN/PEQ16-A
<span style="font-style: italic">Characteristics/Description: This Class 3b laser device, the MIPIM, provides a highly collimated beam of infrared energy for weapon aiming and an adjustable focus infrared beam for target illumination. The MIPIM is designed to withstand the shock of heavy weapons. The White Light Illuminator provides target identification/illumination without night vision devices, and is greater than 60 lumens in the high power mode. The IPIM has low profile aiming and illumination boresight adjusters. This device can be used as a handheld illuminator/pointer or can be mounted to weapons with a MIL-STD-1913 Rail. This item replaces the AN/PEQ-16 (IPIM).

Weapon Platforms: The MIPIM has an Integral Rail Grabber Bracket that mounts to various weapons, including M16A4, M4/M4A1, M240B, M249, and M240G. The MIPIM has an M240/M249 Adapter Bracket.</span>
aag.jpg

Re: IR Lasers & Laser/Illuminator Units

ATILLA-200
<span style="font-style: italic">The ATILLA-200 is a covert infrared (IR) twin-laser aimer and illuminator for individual or crew-served weapons. The user may adjust ATILLA’s beam intensity to best suit the lighting condition, target contrast and range. The projected aiming beam may be selected as steady, fast or slow pulsing modes and a selectable illuminator provides a covert augmenting light for night vision operations in extremely dark environments.

In addition, the powerful illuminator beam can be narrowed to provide a target or point of interest to other NVG equipped personnel. The unique design of the ATILLA-200 ensures continued operation under heavy recoil.

The ATILLA-200 features: multiple aimer and illuminator mode selections, separate variable output power on aimer and illuminator and fail-safe/eye-safe training switches. Windage and elevation adjustments are designed with tactile feedback for every click. The ATILLA-200 also features an integrated MIL-STD-1913 mount system. </span>
atilla1.jpg

LDI DBAL A2
<span style="font-style: italic">The powerful DBAL-A2 is equipped with an IR pointer, IR pointer/illuminator and your choice of a red or green visible pointer.
Our GREEN Ultra Power Point™ laser is designed to improve range and visibility in daylight and at night. It offers faster target acquisition and is FIVE times more visible than traditional red lasers. The high power, green laser is perfect for operations using SCBA and other CBRN equipment, and the durable metal housing allows for complete decontamination.
The DBAL-A2 is designed for maximum operational versatility while keeping weight and size to a minimum.
The standard DBAL-A2 is currently in service with special operations forces worldwide and is also purchased by the U.S. Department of Defense as the AN/PEQ-15A (NSN #5855-01-535-6166).
The DBAL-A2H, high power model, offers even more unbeatable advantages with the addition of a 200mW infrared pointer/illuminator (available to Military users only).</span>
DBAL_A2_2.jpg

89667668.png

LDI OTAL
<span style="font-style: italic">Rugged and compact, the ITAL and OTAL Classic lasers are used by military and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
OTAL-Classics mount behind the front sight on M-4 style rifles and the laser is offset to project around the front sight.</span>
Uploaded_633910871024082500_File.JPG

67264526.png

I used a Atilla in Iraq. I really liked it.

DIAL® 100G (AN/PEQ-11A)
<span style="font-style: italic">The DIAL® 100G (AN/PEQ-11A) combines three lasers into one aperture: an IR laser aim dot, a green laser aim dot, and an IR illuminator that is adjustable from 0.02 to 55 degrees field of view (FOV). The DIAL® 100G is uniquely designed to meet the performance and ruggedness needs of crew-served weapons as well as the size and minimum weight requirements of personal weapons. The The unit is designed as a common laser suitable for the majority of weapons including M4/M16, M249, M240, M2, and the new XM312.

FEATURES

3-in-1 laser design with common bore sight (simple bore sighting)
Also available with red laser (DIAL® 100, AN/PEQ-11)
Rugged aircraft-grade aluminum construction
Adjustable IR illuminator FOV optimizes tactics
Designed for wide variety of personal and crew served weapons
Training filter included</span>

22672329.png

60065999.png

GRI2P® (LA-4/PEQ)
<span style="font-style: italic">The GRI2P® (LA-4/PEQ) combines the benefits of the IZLID 1000 IR pointing and illuminating laser and the GBD-III green pointing laser into one convenient unit. The 1W IR laser provides very long range covert marking or targeting of enemy positions. The 250 mW green laser enables marking or targeting of locations from late afternoon to post-dawn with an intimidating beam visible to the naked eye for a range of up to 6.5 km. Often used for Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) applications to call in air support or as an aiming laser on crew-served weapons, the GRI2P is an ideal solution whenever dusk-to-dawn laser coverage is required and when either a visible or IR laser may be required.

FEATURES

Long-range IR (37 km) and visible green (7 km) lasers
Hand-held or weapon mountable
Battery or external power
Rugged aircraft-grade aluminum construction
Temperature stabilized all-digital electronics</span>
26511779.png

54287516.png

SUREFIRE Infrared Laser Sight (L75)
<span style="font-style: italic">Our infrared laser in visible only with night vision devices (NVDs) and is only available to qualified law enforcement and military personnel. Due to federal regulations infrared lasers can only be delivered with momentary on-off switching.

FEATURES: Wavelength 830nM (IR) Power 3 milliwatts Runtime 24 hours (approx.) Length 1.95 inches Diameter 1.25 Weight 4.6 ounces

SureFire laser sight modules are designed to screw into the standardized threads of SureFire systems. We highly recommend mounting them in a Millennium Universal System modular housing or into a SureFire WeaponLight. Contact a BTI TACTICAL technical representative at 708-417-1657 during regular business hours (8am-5pm CST) to identify the best mounting option for your application. </span>
11926551.png

IWAL-2 made by Hayes Research
<span style="font-style: italic">I have ZERO information on this laser, if you do and care to share...please do.</span>
IWAL%202%20with%20ARMS%20mount.jpg

DSCF1989.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used a Atilla in Iraq. I really liked it. </div></div>

Indeed, we find the Atilla with the independent variable power settings to independently control either the aimer or illumiators output a feature ALL serous IR lasers should have. Dialing up or down the IR pointer power is such an effective tool to mitigate the blooming effect based on your environments and distance needed. Also taming that 150mw illuminator down a bit for door kicking work is also superb.

When the Mil solicitation came out for both the DBALS and APTIAL's, why not at least a HI/Lo, Lo/Hi, Lo/Lo feature was not called out for as on PEQ-2A is beyond me. The DBAL I2 unit does mimic the PEQ-2A and I think this is also a viable unit over the DBAL-A2 for those not needing the vis. laser.

Only draw back some really hate with the Atilla's is the ARMS mount and no real easy way to convert to another. Some have reported the dreaded too loose, too tight issues that plague some of the ARMS mounts and fail to hold zero. Hope this helps.

Vic

P.S. DoorKicker, thanks for starting this thread. We train hard with most of the lasers listed here, and have almost every unit listed on one of our training guns and a few others not listed. They all have something to offer, just none of them is perfect, but what gear is I guess.
smile.gif

Not sure if Hayes Research is even producing lasers? Their units were pretty solid form the units several years back we tried out. There was some "rumors" floating around about what happened to them, but nothing concrete to what had happened.

The Hayes Research IR laser has been out of production for quite some time.
I have one of the original 2cnd generation units, and have to say it has performed very well. The next upgrade model never got to market, I had the chance to check it out, and it would have been very similar to the IWAL2, with some changes.
The IWAL2 is a single power, single 123 bat powered low profile IR laser that was way ahead of it's time.
One of the complaints about the Hayes lasers was the dot size. Quite a few of them seemed to average 5-6 MOA, my personal unit is on the order of 3.5MOA, which makes it one of the tighter beamed units out there. Either way, this was intended as a all purpose short to medium range IR laser, a task that it excells at.
Very low profile with short offset from the barrel, all aluminum/stainless steel construction, water proof. extremely rugged, about 5mW which made it useable indoors or out, as well as efficient and reliable. The spring loaded click stop adjusters never lost their zero, and being able to mount it to the rail with a LaRue or ARMS throwlever base kept everyone happy.
Mine isn't for sale, and it is very convenient to be able to use any of a variety of Surefire or Pentagon tailcaps.

The above photo of the IWAL2 is indeed my unit mounted on a rifle length LMT MRP 16" carbine.
Below is a 14.5" AR with the IWAL2 mounted, giving a good idea of it's shape and dimensions.

_1317104.jpg

_1317113.jpg

EDWIN I see alot of nice things you have and Like them,But This weapon in the last pic has a look Of KICK ASS !

Nice !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But This weapon in the last pic has a look Of KICK ASS !</div></div>

Thanks, it's one of my SBR lowers, as I use it with a suppressed 10.5" LMT as well.
The SS 14.5" in the above photo is a WOA Wilson Match CLE machined/fluted 1/7 medium weight barrel.
I like the fact that the barrel shows better than average accuracy with M193 to MK262 and everything in between. It replaced a heavy Afgan that just wouldn't shoot M855/M193 well, but was a laser with 75/77gr 5.56 loads. The 14.5" CLE is just as good with heavy stuff, much better with the 55 to 62gr ammo, and weighs less to boot. The only downside is POI shift when mounting the suppressor is greater.
But SS "match" or not, this thing is a blaster.

Yeah I second what edwin said, they were good units, and priced quite well. Mine is also pretty tight in terms of the beam, but I have not seen any other units.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, it's one of my SBR lowers, as I use it with a suppressed 10.5" LMT as well.</div></div>

Got photos of your complete SBR with its 10.5" LMT upper?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Got photos of your complete SBR with its 10.5" LMT upper? </div></div>

Here are the LMT 10.5" and 10.5" MRP uppers.

LMT.jpg

LMT3.jpg

And MRP 10.5"

MRP.jpg

_A156454.jpg

And let's throw in a pic of a "fun" SBR, I always wanted to build this, A2 11.5" HBAR with ARMS SIR! The "War Pig" as Trident named it, a heavy little sucker that runs and runs and runs!

sbr.jpg

sbr2.jpg

All I can say is wow on both the info and the eye candy.

If some how some way a person could stumble on to some of these units, which would be the best unit to have based solely on features and durability?

TIA

Good luck

I loved my Atilla in Iraq!!!
A great piece of kit!