• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Iran wakes the fu*k up

I haven't seen the article, but my wife said she saw one that said the reporter and photographer that gave the story and photos of the crash site to Al Jazeera were shot and killed by the Iranians.......

Last edited:
Trump has said that he is not interested in regime change. I hope he has seen the results of that throughout the middle east. If it happens it needs to be done by themselves or with the help of another ME country. We don't need to get dirty in this one.
But, I have read where the Iranian govt killed 1500 or so demonstrators not to long ago

I'm hoping we don't be idiots this time around.
The Iran "problem" would have already been solved if Obama had supported the revolution instead of supporting the Mullahs.

Much like several other problems around the world thanks to our politicians.

I'm hoping we don't be idiots this time around.
The Iran "problem" would have already been solved if Obama had supported the revolution instead of supporting the Mullahs.

Much like several other problems around the world thanks to our politicians.

You're right.

But, the Revolution represented Western mores, standards and ideals. No way that O'buzzkill would support that........

How much would average Iranians have to hate their leadership to be willing to accept help from Israel? With our relationship with Israel, it wouldn't be hard to keep a low profile in the area and still be of help to the grass....err, sand roots efforts of the common Iranians. I'm sure BeBe would be willing to get after their higher ups and put a finger in their eye.

The problem with “helping” any of them in that region is that as soon as we do, Putin will help the other side. I am not sure there’s a preferable side to choose to begin with. Which end of the turd is the clean end?

Not sure this incident means they are “woke”. There has been a constant level of “revolution” in Iran for as long as I can remember. I think the only reason this seems different is the international coverage due to the plane being shot done. But honestly, did anyone here think the plane was not shot down?

Reactions: SilentStalkr
1578846609577.jpeg

I guess we can help and risk creating another ISIS or Al Qaeda...

OR, we just let the Middle East sort their own shit out, and quit fighting expensive and useless proxy wars.

Yeah, pretty much.

Just wondering how those wanting us to help...how do we help? I been hearing this quite a bit...that we should help. But how?

Reactions: kthomas
I guess we can help and risk creating another ISIS or Al Qaeda...

OR, we just let the Middle East sort their own shit out, and quit fighting expensive and useless proxy wars.
I said this on another thread last month and I reckon it applies here too: "We taught the Mujahideen how to use all the fancy toys we gave them, and now we have the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and the rest. No matter how friendly the Saudis, or nearly any Middle Eastern nation, might be or have been with the West, they will turn the moment their ideology outweighs the need for whatever we can give them. Or so history would seem to suggest."

The Iranians may be pissed off at their government right now, but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" doesn't go a very long way sometimes.

I may support...if it were possible, hypothetically...

If there was a way to scatter drop a few million AK's and a few million rounds...then see what happens when the "everyday" people have the ability to fight back.

If there was a way to scatter drop a few million AK's and a few million rounds...then see what happens when the "everyday" people have the ability to fight back.
Let’s just air drop them son Democrats.. since they dont need guns and they are the only ones that can fix us, they outta be able to work miracles over there.

A couple of small, unmarked delivery vans filled with AK's and ammo showing up parked in the alleys of certain neighborhood apartment blocks in Tehran may yield quite interesting results...

The Iranians may be pissed off at their government right now, but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" doesn't go a very long way sometimes.

The reason it hasn't worked recently anywhere in the middle east is because we do the exact opposite of what worked in Germany and Japan.

We invade, then setup "elections" that we make sure elect some corrupt guy most of the public hate, that is more corrupt than the guys we overthrew, but is happy to be our little stooge and let us do anything we want and let US corporations and our allies do anything and everything for profit and enjoy a wholesale pigfest of corruption and fleecing....

Then we wonder why the public get all upset eventually and they get overthrown and some worse (but nationalistic) types take over with the help of other parties.

What we should be doing instead is working to ensure that a locally well liked government comes into place that will do what is right for their country first. Be decent and be loyal to their own countrymen as the first order of business, while being one of our allies and forging good ties.
Which means being able to say no to having your country turn into a pigsty of corruption and fleecing by foreign entities.

But that wouldn't sit well with the corporations and the politicians who stand to make money from making an endless mess.

The one thing many are missing here is this,... only started because the Iranian gov admitting they shot down the plane. Stop an think about a minute.
It’s my understanding that the people of Iran were already burning their government buildings down and protesting before the Iran government decided to attack our embassy in Iraq. The Iranian government is purposely trying to instigate a “problem” with the US - to get their people to rally together against their “common enemy”, and quit protesting government. I don’t think shooting down that plane worked in the government’s favor.

Let’s just air drop them son Democrats.. since they dont need guns and they are the only ones that can fix us, they outta be able to work miracles over there.

Lol, yeah true...but always remember this...

Democrats actually very much love guns. Just not in the hands of the everyday citizen.

How else will they collect their taxes, implement their laws and push the world to their idea of utopia?

BTW, the above is not just democrats, plenty of republicans are on that same boat.

Reactions: W54/XM-388

Pretty fucked up in a way and definitely a complex issue. We can certainly have a human nature morality type discussion...on which I claim no authority.

But one thing is true...

Those that have the "bullets" will ALWAYS impose their will and idea of morality on others. Bullets just made this imposition more efficient.

Last edited:
Sometimes a fire gets so far out of control that the act of stepping back and pumping on the gasoline actually makes better sense...

...And not just in Iran...

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
The US has helped Iran all it should by killing Solemani. That could induce enough instability in the government to help with the “revolution”. Other than that the US should stay out if it and let the people that are unhappy solve their own problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: gunman_7
How much would average Iranians have to hate their leadership to be willing to accept help from Israel? With our relationship with Israel, it wouldn't be hard to keep a low profile in the area and still be of help to the grass....err, sand roots efforts of the common Iranians. I'm sure BeBe would be willing to get after their higher ups and put a finger in their eye.

The average Iranians that I've met tend to be pretty secular, and don't harbor much (if any) hate towards Israel. Like damn near anyone else, they would like an opportunity to work a stable job and raise a family.

With regards to "helping", how successful have we been in spreading democracy via direct force? It seems that democracy will only survive and thrive if people fight for and win it themselves. I'd love to think that we could send in some small arms and a couple thousand men who can train up a militia, but our recent history of doing so is kinda spotty.

Also, our government is still too busy sucking on the toes of the Saudis to ever allow anything good to happen in Iran, even if it would be in our own best interest to do so.

The average Iranians that I've met tend to be pretty secular, and don't harbor much (if any) hate towards Israel. Like damn near anyone else, they would like an opportunity to work a stable job and raise a family.

With regards to "helping", how successful have we been in spreading democracy via direct force? It seems that democracy will only survive and thrive if people fight for and win it themselves. I'd love to think that we could send in some small arms and a couple thousand men who can train up a militia, but our recent history of doing so is kinda spotty.

Also, our government is still too busy sucking on the toes of the Saudis to ever allow anything good to happen in Iran, even if it would be in our own best interest to do so.

No boots.

Drop in the arms with an operation instruction manual...

Their choice whether to pick it up and use it.