• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Iraq Ak pistol bring back or................

will36

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2008
South Arkansas
crafty homebuild?
smile.gif
I had Matt from MY Guns llc. build this up for me. It started as a torch cut Milled Yugoslavian AK. Welded in side plates. It uses a Romanian bolt and front assy. The pistol grip , Upper handguard and lower handguard came from a PLO captured kit. The mag is a Russian bakelite carved all up. I had it Registered as a pistol so I can carry it loaded in my truck with my cwp. Not to many milled pistol around the world. Any of you guys that have been in the sandbox have any pics. of Ak pistols from over there? I have to find a way to darken up the reciever to match the rest of the AK.

Edit: Thank you Prom93 for selling me the muzzle brake.

Re: Iraq Ak pistol bring back or................

COOL!

What kind of finish do you want on the receiver? You can probably Parkerize it and make it look pretty good. I have heard good things about the spray on hard enamel from Rustoleum. As it starts to chip over time it looks very authentic. Best part is you just respray when you want it to look new again

Got any idea what the Arabic on the mag says?

I sprayed it with some rattle can today (after I took the pic.)and wiped it down before it dried. Its a LOT darker now. I have 5 battlefield pick up style Aks I love them I can go shoot. When Im thru I toss them in my truck bed and come home. They were built for this not sitting in a safe.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AK FAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of you guys that have been in the sandbox have any pics. of Ak pistols from over there?</div></div>
MeMiniAK.jpg

Thats too cool. Can I used/post that picture somewhere else?

How did it shoot?

I had a similar chop job I got in Dohuk that was strapped to the side of my A-pack. It was fun to shoot, but really only for emergencies.

Thanks for the pic. I need to get all my sandbox collection in one place and take a pic. My father in law brought me back some cool stuff from Afganistan (hand made knives, mags, russian stuff) I dont think they can bring that stuff back now. I think that just sucks!

Ak FAN, nice build but i want the muzzle brake back,i will send you $5 for it ,its not brand new any more jajaja.Enjoy nice work.

AK i would duracoat that and never have to worry about the finish ever again!

I built a shorty out of 3(cant find pic) but it wasnt a factory "Krink" like 2cd shown, which I prefer when available. Handy, powerful, compact.
Krink2.jpg

Krink1.jpg

I have never understood why they call these pistols, they are rifles without a stock. ATF thing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigwheeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">barrel length. </div></div>

Interesting, I just consider it an SBR, not a pistol.

cool build,

I was told by local atf that for an ak to be a pistol the tang on the rear must cut off and a flat back piece put on so you cant just screw on a stock.

Any point to these besides the cool factor? I have an AK with synthetic furniture, and it has some decent recoil, can't imagine trying to get fast shots off with one of the AK pistols, and being anywhere near accurate. I guess it would be useful inside buildings where you aren't shooting very far.