• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision iRay 1280x1024 ALPHA

HOLD_OVER

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Details are scarce.

In September these were reported to be close. Will iRay drop these before the end of the year?

UNV has had an iRAY HD core unit for many months now. It’s pretty epic. Would make the ultimate clip-on.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.12.21 AM.png

The core has been out for a while, but its not a dedicated weapon sight

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.17.40 AM.png

This is the latest drop in September... This is supposed to be a 1280x1024 weapon sight referred to as the Alpha

Reactions: TheHorta
I'm not hopeful for it to be 1280, i really think this is just an mh25 with a red dot + some recoil hardening.

1280 would be cool though.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 1.19.30 PM.png

So 1280 core, in theory is just delivering more info to the processor. Unless they change displays & software the image isn't going to improve dramatically... As we can see from the video

So they gonna offer something like this someday or what?

Is the hard part putting a high res screen that is so small into a unit? W0uld make a heck of a clip on and/or allow for monocular FOV we haven't seen (40deg?). Of course the cost is there but the camera referenced above is sold out so there's a market for these

The next crop of 7-8um sensors should help with that. Might be a bit, but they’re coming.

Reactions: rlsmith1
Micron pitch on fpa needs to be tighter on the 1280s or lens size gets very large and you're chasing your tail on weapon sights. Specifically LR clip ons.
Theoretically, if we had a 1280 sensor at 12um, that would allow for larger FOV at a given mag right?

Like you said this takes a larger lens; but a unit that has the FOV of a Theon MR but supports the magnification of an LR or ER would be really interesting. To take advantage of the sensor if seems like 1280 or even 4K screen quality would be necessary?

@TheHorta I was talking with Ilya and he said some of the 7-10um sensors had some interesting drawbacks because the wavelength of light they are capturing is the same pitch as the sensor which I hadn’t thought of. I’m sure someone will find a way!