• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iron Bridge Precision Rifle Match, Temple TX

Sleeper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Central, TX
2q8ydea.jpg

You have been invited to a friends ranch just West of Temple TX out highway 36 for a day of long range shooting and pistol practice. Your friend told you to bring 100 rounds of precision rifle and 50 rounds of pistol ammo for the trip. Also bring food, water and adult beverage for when the shooting is done.

After a cold bore zero, your friend takes you down range to paint the targets. Thats when the @%$! hits the fan...... Now pull your pistol and precision rifle to fight for points and time over 700 yards of barricades and difficult shooting positions. You must make it to the barn before time runs out!!! If you made it, prepare to defend the high ground with your brains and precision rifle against multiple mind bending shooting situations. Decision making will be key! If you survive the mind assault, you will take the fight to the enemy with pistol and precision rifle. Fighting from tree to tree in an attempt to win the day and maybe a few prizes
laugh.gif

The %$#! Hits the Fan April 17th at 8:30 A.M. for a one day fun match.
6 Scenario driven stages 2 long, 17
laugh.gif
short.
The match is FREE but we need a few more shooters to make it happen
Bunk house is available Sat night (fridge, microwave, shower, gas grill) bring your own cot and bedding.
All are welcome to stay and shoot Sunday.

Details to follow in the coming days.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Directions:</span>
Take Hwy 36 West out of Temple TX toward Gatesville about 15-16 miles. There will be a road side park on the left, turn right on to Iron Bridge Road. Go about 1 mile, take first left on to Iron Bridge Park Road. The property is on the left 2-3 miles down. We will have a sign for ya.

<span style="font-weight: bold">What you will need!</span>
Rifle 1 MOA or better with 100 rounds
Pistol with extra mags and 50 rounds
Range Finder
Food and Water for the day
Any thing else you want to bring is fine. Just remember that two stages equal a half mile of run and gun on uneven ground.
2iivomt.jpg

2r6nw2s.jpg

20az2f4.jpg

xpq37.jpg

mlsi1g.jpg

WE ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS, JUST A COUPLE OF GUYS WHO LIKE TO SHOOT. WE WANT TO PROMOTE LOCAL MATCHES IN HOPES THAT OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME.

Re: Iron Bridge Precision Rifle Match, Temple TX

this looks like a blast.

I'm talking to my buddy about it.

so, precision rifle means any precision rifle. ( 300wm ok? ) Would a precision semi-auto like M1A supermatch be better?

do you care? LOL

What ( about ) will be the distances involved? Just kind of a range.. nothing exact.

Sorry guys, no magnums
crazy.gif
I should have put that in the original post. Looks like we can take 2 more, then we got ta shut it off.

Outback plus one confirmed waiting on the other

Am I on the list?
smile.gif

Hey guys, here are some Boker knives I had made up as prizes for the match. Hope you like!

28s4n5.jpg

6gx2le.jpg

Outbacks other confirmed Dan Beynon

Still a couple of spots left...

There's been a little confusion on who's attending and the current head count for the match. Please help out by posting or sending me a PM if you're attending. Thanks!

if that werent my anaversery weekend, i would be there...as it stands, the wife will not let me go under any circumstances what so ever...maybe another weekend

Outback. Triton 19. Dan beynon. Brian Leatherman

Spent all day moving metal. Hope you guys are in a little shape
eek.gif
This is what your running from! Body shots just slow him down, head shots just piss him off, hit him in the eye........ We will see if anyone can do it!
e86a8i.jpg

That looks so fun!

Thats to bad weeds, Lucks and I have come up with some interesting situations. I have only been to a few matches myself....... Lets just say you can do a little more on your own property
grin.gif

Looks like its going to be fun Think i will shoot the old .308

Triton19 still in and may be bringing STO (AKA Tactical Trunk Ninja)

I hope it won't upset anyone, but we need to up the round count a bit. If time permits you may want 150 precision rifle. FWI directions are now posted in the original post.

I'm really looking forward to the match this weekend. Should be a good time. I'm helping out with the match so if anyone has any last minute questions, problems, gets lost, etc., my # is 254-541-4196 (Adam). We might have some spots available still if you want to bring a friend.

See you Saturday morning at 8:30!

Bring your waders and ponchos boys, we shoot rain or shine!

The match went great. Eighteen stages and everything went smoothly. Thanks again to all the guys who showed up and braved the bad weather. We couldn't have had a better group of guys show up. It was great to meet all of you. Congratulations to Jason for the win and Sheldon for second place. I'll post up some pictures and some more information a little later. I hope everyone enjoyed it and I'm already looking forward to the next match...

Great job guys. Nice place to shoot. Exelent stages

Adam, Rob thanks for a fun match. Next time I will stay overnight in the bunkhouse the ride home was rough. The stages were fun and challenging who would think 100 yd shots would be so tough. Starting off the day with a half mile long stage shooting pistol targets through trees and brush in a jungle style run followed with multiple rifle shots in challenging positions over 700 yards is a Bad ass way to start a day and talk about a mover stage, a balloon on a string swaying in the wind at 400 yards. Many thanks to Adam , Rob and all the other guys that helped make it possible. Great fun and good to meet you guys I didn't know.

Jason

Iron Bridge Precision Rifle Match
Course of Fire, April 17th

Stage 1: 200 Yard Cold Bore
One shot at 2.5” circle, prone.
Stage 2: The Retreat
25+ precision rifle and pistol shots taken at various locations working backwards up a hill from 0 to 700 yards. Shots are taken at different locations using different stances, such as, prone, prone unsupported, standing, sitting, off backstop, over log, under log, kneeling, etc. Total time allowed 17 minutes.
Stage 3: Repeatability
Five shots prone at 1 MOA dots at 100y, must stand up between each shot. 40 seconds.
Stage 4: Know your limit
Prone at 100 yard, 1.5” circle, 1” circle, .5”circle, .3”circle, 40 seconds.
Stage 5: Cheap Sunglasses
Prone, Pick the five hostiles out of the crowd that are wearing sunglasses and neutralize them, 5 shots in 25 seconds.
Stage 6: Sniper in the Grass
The Hathcock shot. Three shots prone off-hand from 100y at enemy snipers scope. 30 seconds.
Stage 7: Hostage Rescue
Three shots from top of barricade at the enemy who is using a hostage as a human shield.
Stage 8: Kill Osama
Head shot on Bin Laden target. Three shots sitting.
Stage 9: Left/Right Speed Drill
Five shots left side prone at 1 MOA dots in 25 seconds.
Five shots right side prone at 1 MOA dots in 25 seconds.
Stage 10: Face ID
You are shown picture on enemy’s face. Run around building (around 75y) get on rifle prone, find enemy in group of faces and shoot him. 20 seconds from the time you load your rifle to ID and make shot.
Stage 11: Know Your Limit -300 yards
300 yards prone at Steel Plates, 10”, 8”, 6”,4”
Stage 12: Speed Drill at 600 yards
8” round steel target at 600y, 5 shots in 20 seconds, prone.
Stage 13: Simon Says
Must shoot steel targets from 300 to 600 yards when told, using holdover/under only, in other words, no dialing scope.
Stage 14: Hostage
Shoot white middle paper plate at 500yards without hitting any of the blue hostage plates that surround it.
Stage 15: Balloon Mover
Five shots to hit 9” helium balloon on a string at 400 yards. Score declines with each miss.
Stage 16: 700 Yard Qualifier
Five shots at 700 yard paper target with scoring rings.
Stage 17: The Assault
Move through woods engaging hidden pistol and precision rifle targets. Then emerge onto the edge of a field containing six steel targets at unknown distances from 200 to nearly 500 yards.

Here's a few pics of the short range stuff I snapped as we went along. I hope someone has some pictures of the long range stuff to share.

35086t2.jpg

11r8788.jpg

3589cg0.jpg

nz4p78.jpg

2lw9846.jpg

p0y02.jpg

nvs2o0.jpg

21didub.jpg

2dkwvmc.jpg

zbsb6.jpg

url]

Ditto Lucks post above. I had a great time putting this match on! I think I learned more by being an observer RO than I ever have competing. Congrats Jason on the win. It was good to meet such a great group of folks. I will be looking forward to the next one. Thanks all who competed and special thanks to my RO's and family who made it possible.

Thank you guys for putting on such a great match. You guys did a great job and it run smoothly. Well laid out and no down time.
Well, except when we took the lunch break and the most awesome cookies and muffins were passed out. I though Sheldon and Jorde were going to scape over the larger cookie.

It was great meeting some new friends.

I will get some pics up as fast as I can.

What can I say that has not already been said, great job guys, the match way exceeded my expectations. There was a lot of thought that went in to this, I can only imagine what the next one will be like. It was good to meet everyone and shoot with some very good shooters. This match really opened my eyes to a lot of things I need to work on, all in all it was a great learning experience for me. Thanks Rob and Adam and everyone that helped out, it was a great day and some of the most fun I've ever had shooting.

Thanks again
Justin

Adam and Rob did an outstanding job. This was an awsome match and I know everyone had a great time. The stages ran good and were very creative. I hope to do it again soon.
Thanks
Sheldon

Sounds like you all had a fun time. Wish I could have made it but my son's birthday was a little high on the list of things to do. Hope I can make it to the next one before I have to head to Korea for a year. Talk to you all soon.
Nate

Damn it looks like i missed some good fun. Wish I could have made it. Sure i would have learned some stuff to. Glad everyone had a good time. Hope I can make the next one. I'll start loading ammo now...

Going to Graham to look at a possible site for a match. 600 acres will let u all know what it looks like on Saturday. Maybee get out to 1500 yards

As promised, here are a few of the pictures.

IronRidge-0410-043.jpg

This is the new logo for the Iron Bridge Match from now on!
IronRidge-0410-247.jpg

IronRidge-0410-173.jpg

IronRidge-0410-484.jpg

IronRidge-0410-465.jpg

Man, those are some great pictures! Thanks for posting. I have some I will try and get up tonight.

Those pictures are great! Thanks Jody!

Thanks Guys, I kinda quit taking a lot of pitures at matches because I would end up getting distracted and not focusing on shooting and what I was there for. I had a great time with everyone and tried to get shots of everyone. I may have some time this weekend to compact them all into a zip file and email them to whoever wants them.