• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nopes

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
I just had an old timer drop a gun off with me to help him get rid of it, its a 700 built by Iron Brigade Armory. He said he had it built and only shot about a box of ammo through it then let it sit in the safe, the thing is essentially new. Digging around on here and across the internet I'm having a hard time coming up with a real world value for this. I'm hoping someone on here knows more about Iron Brigade builds and their values than me.

Attachments

• 20240203_170121.jpg
    20240203_170121.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 20240203_170016.jpg
    20240203_170016.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 20240203_170044.jpg
    20240203_170044.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 221
  • Adobe Scan Feb 03, 2024.pdf
    405.1 KB · Views: 70
11 years, and this is your first post?

IBA was ran by retired LtCol Norm Chandler (sp) out of Jacksonville NC. He sent all of his barrel work off to Hart, and had a "gunsmith" or two who I guess bedded the barreled actions into the stocks...and did other small improvements.

Generally IBA rifles shot fairly well. They did not hold their resale value like GAPs or Surgeon at the time.

I've actually been around here more than 11 years. I was fairly active on here when I was in the corps mid 2000s then fell off after I got out. I think one of the upgrades to the new servers over the years dumped my history. Anyway now I'm a observer who likes to read and learn from those who know more than me.

I'm familiar with the history on these but it's the resale market that I dont have a clue on. Prices have been everywhere from 2500 to 6000.

Reactions: stanley_white
I've actually been around here more than 11 years. I was fairly active on here when I was in the corps mid 2000s then fell off after I got out. I think one of the upgrades to the new servers over the years dumped my history. Anyway now I'm a observer who likes to read and learn from those who know more than me.

I'm familiar with the history on these but it's the resale market that I dont have a clue on. Prices have been everywhere from 2500 to 6000.

The jump to Scout cost me about a thousand posts as well.

I had a house not far from Norm's for some of my time in Lejeune.

With it being an H-S stock, I'd probably safety guess to the lower end of your range.

Best place to have an E-3's wife grind on yer boner...

The Dirt-wood finally went under about 2016ish. It was replaced by another strip club.

Everyone knows the real action was at Tobie's. Went there Jan 1, 1999...I'm still traumatized.
lol we had a kid in the schoolhouse fall madly in love with a girl there and every pay day he booked it there and came back broke

I used to hang out at Fast Freddie’s and play pool since I was “sophisticated”. That place went under too smdh

Reactions: diggler1833
I just had an old timer drop a gun off with me to help him get rid of it, its a 700 built by Iron Brigade Armory. He said he had it built and only shot about a box of ammo through it then let it sit in the safe, the thing is essentially new. Digging around on here and across the internet I'm having a hard time coming up with a real world value for this. I'm hoping someone on here knows more about Iron Brigade builds and their values than me.
I have a nut I'd trade for it. I have two. Don't really need both of them. That's a very well built rifle. Maybe contact IBA and ask them.

Reactions: Charlie112
So if he followed their practices, it was cleaned 20 times!:oops:

I used an IBA R700 at work for a while. That thing was a laser. If I had one new-ish, I'd keep it, personally.

Man, I'm dating myself. I still remember when Chandler was the CO out at Stone Bay. I did run into him a few years later, when I was back at LeJeune on leave (ex-wife, kids, etc), at a gunshow and the NG Armory. After that, I kinda lost track of him. Is he even still alive?

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Man, I'm dating myself. I still remember when Chandler was the CO out at Stone Bay. I did run into him a few years later, when I was back at LeJeune on leave (ex-wife, kids, etc), at a gunshow and the NG Armory. After that, I kinda lost track of him. Is he even still alive?
There was a thread back in 2020, and someone claimed to be corresponding with Norm - so I'll assume he's still around.

Last I saw him was around 2010 at a gun show. I bought a modified XM-3 from IBA in 2009, and still own it. It's a shooter.

To the OP: what marking or other indication exists on the rifle that suggests it's an IBA?

I believe at least one of the brothers had passed away. I think Roy for sure. IIRC, Norm may have also passed.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
There was a thread back in 2020, and someone claimed to be corresponding with Norm - so I'll assume he's still around.

Last I saw him was around 2010 at a gun show. I bought a modified XM-3 from IBA in 2009, and still own it. It's a shooter.

To the OP: what marking or other indication exists on the rifle that suggests it's an IBA?
He is still alive. Email him at iron brigade. I just had a conversation with him over the weekend. Roy Chandler passed away i believe

Hey, sorry about the long reply. I have this on consignment from the original owner and have the invoice from when he had it built.

Attachments

• aa652b91-1568-499f-b39f-fb9d1e5a9935.jpg
    aa652b91-1568-499f-b39f-fb9d1e5a9935.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 40