• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iron Ridge 308 Lower Builds

darkarcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2007
Utah
So, there should be about one hundred of them, from the group buy, on here. Started this thread to see what parts every one has massed for them. For me, it is a first, putting one together.

I would like to say what direction I am going with it. Hopefully, if I am going the wrong way, or if there is a better option, someone will let me know. I got some good info off the group buy thread. Like, Fulton Armory has LPK's that are in stock. Which I have one coming for my DPMS style Lower. I bought one without the trigger. Plans are to put a 3.5-4 JP Trigger, with the speed hammer. I would like to go less(like the 3-3.5), but they say it is the correct one for the 308. I did not see any information about the speed hammer working, so I am assuming it will work. Another note, I am a lefty, so I need a different grip. Anyone want to trade the Fulton SPR one out? Looks like a nice grip.

For a stock, Magpul PRS. At this point I am not sure where the best place to get on a waiting list would be. One question I have is, do you use a regular AR-15 A2 buffer tube assembly? I may have to settle for what I can find.

So lets hear what you guys have going on with yours.

Re: Iron Ridge 308 Lower Builds

Sent my check and ffl in today for an AR-10 in black ceramic coat. Not sure which way I'm going to go. I'd like to see if Noveske will come out with the switch-block in 308. I have an N-6 lower from them that I had an Elite Iron SEAR can serial numbered to match. Will do a 20" SASS build with that one.

Thinking about doing an 18" Leonitis upper from Noveske for the IRA lower....not sure yet.
Steve

Re: Iron Ridge 308 Lower Builds

Yeah,
Not sure how the hell I missed that. So what Buffer Assembly will work with these, if you are going with a A-2 style stock.