• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iron Ridge Arms .308 lowers...

Johnnyscience

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
This is their first run and boy does it look great.

Have anyone received one of their Armalite lowers yet?

Now we have been called the "guinea pigs" for their prototype...

Now usually being a guinea pig is not a good thing...

Dave mentioned they may have to adjust this or that by 10,000ths of something (I dont understand machining ratios)

I would assume they took the specs of another .308 lower that has been on the market for a while...

But how "off" can their first run really be?

I def want a good deal on a lower, but I want to make sure the lower I will get will be right.

I def plan on buying their upper from them when its ready, (9-12 months, per Dave) (and there is a very HIGH chance they will do a piston upper which would ROCK) so I would assume it will be fine and I am just over thinking...

Now I am on the bottom of the list for the DPMS group buy, so I would assume by the time they get to mine, perhaps they made the final adjustments?

but still some assurance would be nice.

Re: Iron Ridge Arms .308 lowers...

I just talked to Dave from IRA and man these guys are the BEST!

He assured me there will be no problems with these being in spec.

He said they should start shipping the Armalite lowers by friday and the DPMS should be delivered in about 4 weeks!

I also told them to do the gas piston upper and they are pretty much agreeing with me that they are highly considering it.

I also told them if they are doing side charging handles to do a LEFT hand charging handle like an HK for all of us righties....

He said they will probably end up doing both to accomodate everyone.

WOW.

Bottom line.

Johnny,

LOL There has been long conversations in regards of what guys that run gas guns for a living on the 2 way range would want in an upper.

When IRA finalizes and comes out with theirs it will have come from extensive research and not just some brain flash idea.

Thanks

They are just waiting for a trigger on mine, and it will be sent out with a GAP Upper they coated. So I'll have a complete set up to play with soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Johnny,

LOL There has been long conversations in regards of what guys that run gas guns for a living on the 2 way range would want in an upper.

When IRA finalizes and comes out with theirs it will have come from extensive research and not just some brain flash idea.

Thanks </div></div>

yeah thats the vibe I got.

Dave said they are all "retired scientists" and go for just the facts.

Man this is exciting.

I got in at just the right time.

I was building an HK53 and that was going to be my "battle" rifle.

But that will probably be superceded by this .308

Sent in my check and ffl for an AR-10 black ceracote. I was on the pre-enrollment list, but he wasn't showing my. Good thing I called and spoke with Dave. NOW I'm in!
Steve