• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iron Ridge Arms

srt_1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Steubenville, OH
Just picked up my new AR-10....
Iron Ridge Arms IRA-10D
Daniel Defense Rail
Noveske Barrel with Vltor Flash Hider

Now, I just have to find a day to make it to the range and pick up some optics.

photo3-1.jpg

Re: Iron Ridge Arms

Very nice! I like the coloring. Did you assemble it yourself? What's the plan for optics?

Not sure on optics yet...Valley Weaponry assembled and painted it. If I can be patient and save a few $$$'s then I'd like to go with a Nightforce..need rings still too.

Very sexy! As of right now I have my IRA lower, DPMS upper, BCG, and CH. I'm looking at doing a SASS build minus my IRA lower. I really love the color combo. Great looking rifle

photo2.jpg

Well, I have an old Millett Scope (4-16X56) laying around...so it's now mounted with Burrris XTR Rings. Next, I need to get out to the range and see how she does...

Range report will be coming soon..

If it shoots half as good as it looks, should be a fun range session.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAZ_0157</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked up my new AR-10....
Iron Ridge Arms IRA-10D
Daniel Defense Rail
Noveske Barrel with Vltor Flash Hider

Now, I just have to find a day to make it to the range and pick up some optics.

photo3-1.jpg
</div></div>

Had the be the asshole. Its not an AR-10.

Jason8251...it's not a Nightforce...Hope to pick one up soon! and yes, I sprayed the scope...the shop did the rifle...

Ram4X4...your right...and it's cool I always expect there to be at least one in everyones thread...haha j/k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will have to let us know if you have any problems with the buffer or retainer after you shoot it there was another 2 guys on the forum that had a issue with IRA uppers want to know if it is resolved before I buy one tried to find thread again but it seems to have dissapeared.....
wink.gif
HERES ONE

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...754#Post2341754 </div></div>

One was deleted, the other locked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will have to let us know if you have any problems with the buffer or retainer after you shoot it there was another 2 guys on the forum that had a issue with IRA uppers want to know if it is resolved before I buy one tried to find thread again but it seems to have dissapeared.....
wink.gif
HERES ONE

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...754#Post2341754</div></div>

it's a very simple fix Nick and I went to IRA to look at the one rifle and honestly it was like the paint chipped, Matt was looking to blow it out of proportion for sure.

An $8 buffer pad from Brownells would solve this problem, as well I would tell anyone who thinks they have problem to look at piston buffer from Brownells also, to mate to the BCG. But the buffer pad would solve this problem for less than $10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prevents Battered Buffers & Bolt Carriers; Simple, Stick-On Installation

High-strength polymer part protects expensive buffers and bolt carriers for a fraction of their cost. Round disc adheres to the buffer and eliminates metal-to-metal contact between the bolt carrier and buffer.
p_100001469_1.jpg

</div></div>

Matt threatened to contact the FBI IC3 and file a complaint, as if an Internet complaint was the solution. His lower was spotless and he was looking for an immediate refund with less than 30 days, which is why everything was locked and removed. he was posting that he was going to cops because IRA had his rifle for warranty work inside 30 days.

it's pretty simple,

also I think this would solve this problem as well...

AC%20Buffer.gif

It's a non-issue but people like Matt and Nick want to stir the flames,

Well, I'm waiting for my adapater from GGG for my bipod and hopefully, I'll get out to shoot in the couple weekends...I'll post results and check if I'm having any buffer problems.

If so, it does appear to be a quick and easy fix.

Seeing as you used an SI Defense upper you shouldn't have an issue but if you do I just got one of the buffer pads mentioned above and logically it should fix any issues. I mean a $5 fix really isn't that big of a deal, like I said though you shouldn't have any issues. I still love the IRA receivers, IMHO, they still offer the best looking 308 receivers.

PalouseOps.....very nice paint job! I'm thinking I'd like to have a new better finish put mine now...