• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ironman Florida 2012

Re: Ironman Florida 2012

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there, wish me luck! I'll need it....
</div></div>

you wont need any luck, just train appropriately and you will do just fine.
http://www.trifuel.com/triathlon/ironman-workouts/
I followed this training plan and it worked out well for me at ironman madison 2010

enjoy the race, but watch out. they are addictive :)

Good Luck!

Train with enthusiasm, stay focused, and prepare like you want to win it; you'll do fine.

Going good. Completed 2 70.3's, a Sprint, and Olympic (just did swim and bike in the oly due to a Achilles injury I'm letting heal) so far.

Ramped up the training this week for IM. From here till Nov it'll be high mileage time.

Nothing too crazy. Mostly try to use real food for everything. I take Hammer Endurolytes on long workouts, especially in high heat. I'm about to ween off of GU and PowerBar's lieu of real food, but that's hard because those processed foods are just easier to eat on the bike/run.

Other than that, I take fish oil, Osteo Bi-Flex, and a multivitamin daily, and Glutamine after hard workouts.

Good luck, completing an Ironman is a great accomplishment!! They are also very addicting, I competed in both the 2012 Saint George IM and the 2012 Louisville IM!

Maybe the 2013 Florida, If I can get in. Please let us know how it goes?

You may want to look at Endurance Max Energy Gel. It has all the carbs and electrolytes that you need in one easy to drink gel and it doesn't mess with your stomach. They actually have a flask that will get you thru an entire IM. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GJB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck, completing an Ironman is a great accomplishment!! They are also very addicting, I competed in both the 2012 Saint George IM and the 2012 Louisville IM!

Maybe the 2013 Florida, If I can get in. Please let us know how it goes? </div></div>

I was at IM Louisville this year. My friend Laura raced it.

Next weekend it's on! Can't wait. I'm ready to get down there and get with it.

As for nutrition, I'm not a fan of gels. I have Infinit drink mixes I use for the bike and run, as well as a small amount of solid food in my special needs bags.

Good job. One of the surgeons I work with competes in the Iron mans, over 50, he usually finishes in the top. His name is Larry Black.

I was far from the top. I think I was 113th in my age group.

I really don't see how people run those marathons with a 6-7 minute pace after pushing hard on the bike for 112 miles.

It was an awesome experience though. I'm only doing 70.3's next year, but plan to do another full in 2014.