• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is 40 moa too much?

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
Currently on the market for a scope mount. I seen a sweet deal on a 20 moa demo mount but the truth is that for the shooting I do and the caliber am using the extra cant is not needed, I am already using a 20 moa scope base (Terminus Zeus)

The question is does it matter? My main concern would be bottoming out my scope and potentially damaging or having optical issues. Am currently using a NF 7-35 and I’ll be honest say am not sure how much total travel the scope has as it is am getting 23 Mils.

Currently on the market for a scope mount. I seen a sweet deal on a 20 moa demo mount but the truth is that for the shooting I do and the caliber am using the extra cant is not needed, I am already using a 20 moa scope base (Terminus Zeus)

The question is does it matter? My main concern would be bottoming out my scope and potentially damaging or having optical issues. Am currently using a NF 7-35 and I’ll be honest say am not sure how much total travel the scope has as it is am getting 23 Mils.
A lot of us use 20moa mounts with a 20moa rail (that's what I have on one of mine now). That's just under 12mil total so it's not a huge deal. 30moa is typically all that's needed for the SA stuff we typically shoot (6.5, 6mm, ect), but 40 moa works great too. Mounts are going cheap in the px, I'd look there.

Reactions: Islas82
A lot of us use 20moa mounts with a 20moa rail (that's what I have on one of mine now). That's just under 12mil total so it's not a huge deal. 30moa is typically all that's needed for the SA stuff we typically shoot (6.5, 6mm, ect), but 40 moa works great too. Mounts are going cheap in the px, I'd look there.
Thanks, haven’t had luck in the PX.

Too much for me. Just seems quirky to be be mechanically centered outside the range of mosts people’s shooting, but you didn't say what cartridge you're using or how far you shoot.

Reactions: Islas82
Too much for me. Just seems quirky to be be mechanically centered outside the range of mosts people’s shooting, but you didn't say what cartridge you're using or how far you shoot.
Am shooting 6.5cm out to 1500yds (farthest target at local club) am only dialing 14.2 Mils to get that far.

The scope has 29 mils per the NF site and if you have 23mils with a 20 moa base then that's more than you should be getting with a 20 MOA base but it's more than you need so just get a 0 moa mount.