• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is 40moa excessive?

Mag44579

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2017
Macomb, MI
Hey folks... quick question. I have a rifle chambered in 26 nosler that's mated to a cadex competition chassis that has a 20moa rail built in. I'm looking to top it off with a leupold mk5hd 5-25 and use a badger condition one mount but looks like badger only has a 20moa in stock to fit the scope. Would 40moa between the chassis and mount be too much?

Hey folks... quick question. I have a rifle chambered in 26 nosler that's mated to a cadex competition chassis that has a 20moa rail built in. I'm looking to top it off with a leupold mk5hd 5-25 and use a badger condition one mount but looks like badger only has a 20moa in stock to fit the scope. Would 40moa between the chassis and mount be too much?
That scope has 120 MOA of total elevation. 60 up and 60 down. With the 40 MOA you are adding, the scope will now have 20 down and 100 up. You should be good to go.