• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes is a 75 moa mount too much?

jp67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2006
Into the wild
Hi Guys,
I purchased a Picatinny AI scope mount with 45 moa (5665) that i use on a TRG with 0 moa rail
Do you think i can use it on the AIAXMC with 30moa rail? I am using it with a S&B 5-25 MTC

That will make 75 moa. Is it too much
Thanks

Last edited:
probably........how far are you realistically shooting?

i mean, 30MOA should cover you for just about any realistic distance you plan on shooting.

75 MOA is a bit much, at least if you wish to maintain a 100 yd zero. I run a 50 MOA rail on my ELR rig with a gen II razor which has about 28 mils of usable elevation. That allows me to still maintain a 100 yd zero and also gets me out to 2500 yds with decent sight pictures on both ends. Any more cant than that though and I'd have to start moving my zero out quite a ways. It all depends on the total elevation you have available in your optic as well as what kind of zero you want.

I would get a 0 MOA base for the AI. Pretty sure you won't be able to obtain a 100 yd zero. Don't remember offhand but I think the PM2 has somewhere between 34 and 38 mils of total adjustment. those two cant's add up to 22mils roughly.

Nope. you won't be able to zero at 100 with that much. The most can't a PMII 5-25 can have is about 45moa while still being able to zero at 100. I would just get a 0moa mount or 10moa mount max to make it 40moa if you're really going to be doing some ELR

Thanks guys.
Actually, I am purchasing a used AIAXMC. It comes with the 30 moa rail and I already have the scope mount.
you are right I was shooting at 1500meters with a 45moa scope mount and 0moa rail.my zero is at 100m.