• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is an iPod Touch worth it???

slowkota

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Ok, I'll start this by sayin I already have a pre-paid cellphone (So iPhone shit doesnt affect me!) I also have an iPod Classic, with over 5,000 songs on it.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the latest Generation iTouch (iPod touch) whatever its called these days!

Just for a little bit of music, Facetime, and Ballistic FTE...

Which would suit me best? 8g, 32g, or 64g???
I'm guessing 8g w/ WiFi

Re: Is an iPod Touch worth it???

I have an 8g w/ wifi...

I can't seem to carry any phone except a Samsung Rugby w/o destroying it in a matter of weeks, so I avoided the Iphones. my son had an ipod touch 8g, got an iphone and decided he wanted an ipod classic since all he'd use it for was music, so he got 1 for his birthday and I thought "hey, I can download Ballistic FTE on his old 1", so I took it wiped all his stuff off and put ballistic and a little of my music on it, it's fairly cool to be able to check email and all w/ a wifi connection, which seems to be about anywhere now...

8g works for me, if you want more music,videos,etc,etc... you might need more storage

Panty 6 has the last gen ITouch. She loves it when the kids aren't using it or downloading the hundreds of latest apps(she just cleaned some 150 or so apps). The wifi capability is cool, and it holds a shit ton of music(she has been bagging on my 3 gen 8G Mini for a while now, and to be honoset, it does suck always removing this album or that album to fit in some new stuff) and has the avaialble Otter case protection for it

I got a first gen 8 gig iTouch from my ex-wife for christmas almost 5yrs ago. I loved it. My advice would be get as much memory as you can afford, cuz you'll fill it up fast! I ended up with a 16 gig gen 2(as the gen 1 wouldn't work the surefire shot timer app). I filled it up with movies...and music. It also has Ballistic FTE, a predator call app and a dive computer app. It's wonderful and I'm seriously considering the new iPhone now as I put an app on the iTouch that runs an IR capable camera in the little girl's room. So the current lady of the house pretty much owns my old iPod.
smile.gif
I'll gladly spend a grand on a rifle, but a smart phone, not so much. I'm happy with a phone I can call and text on. Who knows, I may end up with an iPhone soon. The Ipod Touch is totally worth it. Get a big one. Hell, you can get one with more memory than my 1st gen PS3!!

I love my Ipod touch!! I have a shitty cell phone thru work so there is no sense in spending money for a smart phone. If you have access to WiFi go for it.. And the 8g has been plenty for me.