• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Is anyone attending the Swamp Shootout at Jarrett Rifles?

SilencedShooter11B

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2013
Lexington, SC
I signed up to shoot, description below from Practiscore. Would be cool to see anyone else there to put names/faces together and meet other locals etc.

I’ve shot more 2-gun tactical style matches so this will be my first PRS type event. Looking forward to it, learning from it and all that.

Swamp Shootout at Jarrett Rifles

Jarrett Rifles Club Series

open
Match starts: April 17, 2021 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: April 17, 2021 @ 6:00 PM
Jackson, SC 29831
This will be PRS style match designed to test your ability on positional precision shooting while remaining fun for shooters of all skill levels. This is an inaugural shoot that will pave the way for a club series for PRS points. Cowden Plantation will be the venue which is set on 10,000 acres along the Savannah River. The match will be 10 stages and round count will be 100.

Last edited:
Reactions: Changed
Not shooting the match but I am local. Thought about riding out there and checking it out.

I used to live in Aiken, I was the school resource officer at Silver Bluff back when Rissa Jarrett was a Senior. I live in the ATL area now, but am signed up for the match. Unfortunately my oldest daughter has a soccer game Fri evening and it is Sr. night, so I won't make it in till late Friday. If you are looking for a good place to eat, I would try some Carolina BBQ New Ellenton sc or Bobby's BBQ which is a little further away, but also very good! See you at the match! Jody Weigle

Bringing my 20” .223 and maybe my 224 Valkyrie.

Jarrett posted on their IG that target distances were 300-1000yds

I’ve confirmed my .223 on target out to 800 but beyond that, I’ve only got calculator data based on my BC and velocity info so I’ll be doing some recon by fire :LOL:

I’m bringing my fundamentals and an open mind so hopefully it’s a good day for learning.

Hope to see some of y’all there

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
I used a few calculators last night and entered in my known data and got some fairly close results. Enough that I feel comfortable with the estimations I made backed up by the ballistic calculators

I’m in Squad one (only 2 of us in there lol).

I’m a little over an hour away so unless something crazy happens I’ll be there with plenty of time to spare.

See y’all on the range!

Well Sr. Night got moved so I will be driving in Fri morning, plan on getting to the range around 11am. I emailed them and asked if the range would be open Fri for us to come true our data, and they said the 300yd range will be open from 10am to 2pm. Not ideal for truing data, but no big deal. They also said they were going to email everyone, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Well Sr. Night got moved so I will be driving in Fri morning, plan on getting to the range around 11am. I emailed them and asked if the range would be open Fri for us to come true our data, and they said the 300yd range will be open from 10am to 2pm. Not ideal for truing data, but no big deal. They also said they were going to email everyone, but I haven't seen anything yet.

they sent a message out in practiscore about a week ago, not directly to email. I just found it yesterday myself after looking for a confirmation from a different match

I had a great time

I also learned that the velocity variation between lots of Varget is huge. I was about 1/2 to a whole Mil high, and god knows how much speed. I’d been shooting the one lot for so long so consistently I didn’t even think about it when I switched over. Whoops!

ive got a date with a chronograph and my last bit of my old ammo to compare it to this new rocket fuel I’ve got

ot1IrRG.jpg