• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is anyone in here a chiropractor or spine doctor?

Tomekeuro85

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, IL
In the last year or so, this has happened to me maybe 3 times.

Never happened before that.

So the problem is, first my left hip starts to hurt a bit.

The pain gradually worsens and hurts especially when I take weight off that leg, or put more than half my body weight on it.

Then a day or two later, my back starts to lock up.

I don't even know how to describe it except:

If I lean left or right or put any angular force on my spine, every muscle in my back locks up instantly, and they do it hard enough to stop my movement and breathing. I have to hold myself up with my arms on a countertop or table because if I didn't I would fall down from the pain.

I pretty much have to keep my spine perfectly straight and I'm ok. I can't take deep breaths because if I do, it relaxes my back muscles too much and in turn allows my spine to move a bit too much and the lock up follows.

The other problem here is that I'm only 26. I shouldn't be having this kind of problem and I have not suffered any accident or injury or sports injury to cause this... It comes out of nowhere.

Anyone know what could be happening?

Re: Is anyone in here a chiropractor or spine doctor?

Also I forgot to mention, this all goes away after 3 or 4 days and there is zero pain afterwards. It lasts pain free for a few months and then comes back.

Sciatic nerve? After crushing a vertebrae I can tell you, go see an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in spinal injuries soon. It will only get worse.

I think any doctor could order the mri or xray, with insurance approval of course! But you will for sure need it eventually even if you don't need a surgeon, at least you know what it is and start dealing with it. I'm going to look up that book rino suggested mine is an upper disc not lower. But you heal much faster at your age so don't let it go. Good Luck!