• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is ATF at work??

bmash

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Zachary, LA
I have submitted my form 1140-0010 (Application to transport interstate) for my SBR twice now and no response. I’ll call next week but I normally get a response within a week. Anybody else having an issue here?

Well they approved 2 Form 4's on 4/30 that I've been waiting on 6 months and they are answering the NFA line promptly.

I spoke to them on Friday for an update on my Form 4. I have been waiting for 351 days for my suppressor.

• Wow
Reactions: Jgunner
I’ve always used the ATF 5220.20 to request temporary or permanent move of my SBRs. Not sure you used the right form. When I submit a form 20, I usually get it back approved in 7-14 days
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...-temporarily-export-certain-national-firearms

edit- same form I guess just a different way to get there.
looking at your link I notice there was a revision to the form, so I may fill out a new one and re-submit.
(I put the OMB number thinking that was the form number. I don’t understand their numbering system! I edited above to show E-form 5320.20. I send it to the fax/email on the last page and have always had a quick response.)
btw - Thanks!

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Well they approved 2 Form 4's on 4/30 that I've been waiting on 6 months and they are answering the NFA line promptly.
I spoke to them on Friday for an update on my Form 4. I have been waiting for 351 days for my suppressor.

Damn. I’ve been waiting on a couple form 4’s for damn going on two years!!!! Got half of them back several months back but shit, this is the longest I’ve ever waited on anything NFA before. Crazy! I’m hoping this month tho. No idea why they can’t approve multiples at the same damn time. They know more about me than my momma does, already. Come on.

• Wow
Reactions: DustBun
I got a three day hold on Friday... only the second time ever. The background check system is overwhelmed right now. Sirhr
Got my first "delay" in Saturday. FFL told me all last Saturdays apps were delayed, but got called ok on Sunday. Told me if no word by Wednesday, come in for the transfer. Horseshit, all total horseshit

Never heard that before. FFL didn't ask either (whether or not any would?). I'm going to put a call in tomorrow

I think my issue was the wrong form revision and they just don't process vs telling me wrong form.
on the question of background check, in Louisiana no call is made if you have a concealed carry permit.