• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is Burris Fullfield II scope decent?

long range fire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
WA, USA
Just got brand new Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 scope in trade. Optics look pretty decent to me, comes with ballistic reticle. I'm wondering what's the concensus on it. If it's not worth using, then I might as well sell/trade it as a new scope, instead of letting scope rings mar the finish.

Re: Is Burris Fullfield II scope decent?

depends on what you are using the gun for. I have one on a hunting rig and I like the Burris optics.

Claim 95% light, uses dual spring reticle adjust, I believe leupold din't use this until the Mark 4 and newer vari-x3.

Reticle works if you put the time in to understanding it.

They have a lifetime warranty, are known for ruggedness, and are a good no frills sport optic.

That being said, it depends are the application it is being used on. You can get them new for about $170 online so not a lot of value in them. Maybe $120-150 on the used market.

Thanks Ranger Mac. Mainly I'm thinking of it as a hunting scope on Tikka T3 Lite .308. I think it might be a worthy scope for a light gun.

On the other hand, if it's better than what I'm giving it credit for, I'd put it on the Rem700LTR that I have on AICS stock, and get rid of my Nikon.

I think it will work fine on a hunting rig. I have a Fullfield, XTR and another Signature on another hunting rifle. Never an issue for hunting rigs.

I have a FF II Tactical on a AR, it works well. Its not a bad scope for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range fire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Ranger Mac. Mainly I'm thinking of it as a hunting scope on Tikka T3 Lite .308. I think it might be a worthy scope for a light gun.

On the other hand, if it's better than what I'm giving it credit for, I'd put it on the Rem700LTR that I have on AICS stock, and get rid of my Nikon. </div></div>

Depends on the nikon and what you use the LTR for? Again not a target scope, but you can send it to burris and for $80 (that was the rate) they will put on target turrets for you.

I have plans to have one I have around on my LTR when it comes in, but only till the decision is made on what scope to make a home atop the little remmy. I just hate having a rifle come in and not be able to shoot it.

Great and worthy hunting scope. I would put it on the Tikka and not look back.

For a general purpose/range/hunting scope...I have always had excellent luck with Burris scopes. I still own a Fullfield II and a Black Diamond that I got in a trade on an AR. They are well-made and the optics are very good for the price. My Fullfield II is on a Remington 700 in 270 and after several hundred rounds, it is still going strong.

The Fullfield II glass is good for the price. The two models I owned were used for deer hunting and I never felt under-scoped while they sat on my rifles. Tracking was spot on and they were good enough at twilight to take deer at the latest legal shooting time.

Best of luck to you.

Hope it does't need service! I sent one in that did't have the advertised elevation adjustment and after two shots the parallax knob would not move. Got it back in a different box with a 1 moa knob(the scope is a 1/4 moa) and a story that the 1/4 moa is a new model and doesn't have the advertised elevation. So much for the forever warranty.